Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you become a better Gamer during study leave? watch

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Just a thought.... do you find that time spent gaming increases whilst on Study leave or do you leave the Xbox/PS4/PC in the corner to gather dust?

Does taking breaks for COD, GTA, FIFA or [insert game here] give you a new lease of life and actually make you more effective and ready to refocus.

Or

Is it a pile of books and notes that sit in the corner until 24 hrs pre exam and panic revision begins?

ReputationRep:
    I lose focus, go on CS:GO, gain the focus back and start revising again. Gun games tend to increase my focus and concentration at the same time. sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo, Yeah. You shouldn't just quit playing games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by According to Pete)
    Just a thought.... do you find that time spent gaming increases whilst on Study leave or do you leave the Xbox/PS4/PC in the corner to gather dust?

Does taking breaks for COD, GTA, FIFA or [insert game here] give you a new lease of life and actually make you more effective and ready to refocus.

Or

Is it a pile of books and notes that sit in the corner until 24 hrs pre exam and panic revision begins?
    I play max 1 hour per day, once revision is over, to unwind

ReputationRep:

Or

No it decreases but that doesn't mean i'll no play games anymore......

Obviously games are a necessity more in the study leave period than any other time, it helps to take your mind of things and relax for a while
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Study Helper

Or

I spent most of study leave playing video games and unfortunately I fall into the second camp with the books and notes in the corner...

However, while it didn't help with my studying it did make me a better person.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't played video games in over a month now...
    My life sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmYourdog)
    I haven't played video games in over a month now...
    My life sucks.
    Your life sucks if you find yourself able to play all day every day.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by thefatone)
    No it decreases but that doesn't mean i'll no play games anymore......

Obviously games are a necessity more in the study leave period than any other time, it helps to take your mind of things and relax for a while
    But the question is what game does it for you, do you need a strategy game to think about something different, a sports games to compete and win, a super fast driving game or to go and blow peoples heads off with a shotgun to get some of that stress out?

Obviously games like GTA cover more than one of the above

ReputationRep:
    But the question is what game does it for you, do you need a strategy game to think about something different, a sports games to compete and win, a super fast driving game or to go and blow peoples heads off with a shotgun to get some of that stress out?

Obviously games like GTA cover more than one of the above
    usually mobile games, in like the moba category or short little games like cookie clicker stuff like that
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by thefatone)
    usually mobile games, in like the moba category or short little games like cookie clicker stuff like that
    So perhaps an angry bird fan historically too then

ReputationRep:
    So perhaps an angry bird fan historically too then
    Oh god not that xD

I play stuff like soda dungeon, extreme jobs knights assistant and vainglory(check it on the play/app store)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.