guys what do you think will come up? predictions so far from people i know:
-forces, turning effects of forces, and movement
-deffo electricity
-waves - maybe light waves or the em spectrum
-energy transfer
-radioactivity, maybe the uses of alpha, beta and gamma rays
-something about magnetism i wasnt really paying attention
-and then a graph to draw and like answer questions about

what do you think will come up? and do you think it'll be harder/easier than chem/bio?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gameofno
guys what do you think will come up? predictions so far from people i know:
-forces, turning effects of forces, and movement
-deffo electricity
-waves - maybe light waves or the em spectrum
-energy transfer
-radioactivity, maybe the uses of alpha, beta and gamma rays
-something about magnetism i wasnt really paying attention
-and then a graph to draw and like answer questions about

what do you think will come up? and do you think it'll be harder/easier than chem/bio?

I'm literally dreading it. Physics is my worst science, and so if it follows the trend of "let's not ask any actually science, just make them do guesswork" I will fail. I hate "suggest why" questions...

I'm hoping for some easy electromagnetism, loads and loads of waves, refraction, moments, basic forces, hopefully not space... You?

I've also got my worst of the four ancient Greek papers that morning (kill me)
Reply 2
Original post by metellaest
I'm literally dreading it. Physics is my worst science, and so if it follows the trend of "let's not ask any actually science, just make them do guesswork" I will fail. I hate "suggest why" questions...

I'm hoping for some easy electromagnetism, loads and loads of waves, refraction, moments, basic forces, hopefully not space... You?

I've also got my worst of the four ancient Greek papers that morning (kill me)

SAME. PHYSICS IS MY WORST and I was counting on bio to bump me up, but that went to hell. I hate electromagnetism its so hard and annoying :frown: literally nothing makes sense in physics.
Omgggggggggg good luck! I have business that morning too so I'll be dead... :frown:
Reply 3
I still dont get this orbital force ****, like how asteroids maintain their orbit, if that comes up, i swear to god!!!
SAME. PHYSICS IS MY WORST and I was counting on bio to bump me up, but that went to hell. I hate electromagnetism its so hard and annoying :frown: literally nothing makes sense in physics.
Omgggggggggg good luck! I have business that morning too so I'll be dead... :frown:

Electromagnetism = :eek3:

Literally. I have a 57 page word document of notes on the whole of physics and I still don't know a thing...

Best of luck with business :smile:
Reply 5

Literally. I have a 57 page word document of notes on the whole of physics and I still don't know a thing...

In our unit test for that, literally everyone got a C, well, our physics teacher doesn't do c*ap either.
Original post by ixam500
In our unit test for that, literally everyone got a C, well, our physics teacher doesn't do c*ap either.

Eesh.

Orbital force (may be wrong but this is what I think):

As the sun has a larger mass than comets, it has greater gravitational pull, which means it attracts the comets so that they orbit the sun?

There's something in my notes about 'attractive force' but that sounds made up...Not sure
Reply 7

SAME. this is my like third time making notes for physics. and i dont know anything
Reply 8
Original post by ixam500

dude we've had like 3 physics teachers this year and we didn't learn anything cuz they couldn't get us one proper bloody teacher
SAME. this is my like third time making notes for physics. and i dont know anything

You know those terrible questions they set that are aimed at like E grades but are actually deceptively difficult? I hate them. Once I did a question something like:

"Here is an old weight. It says it's 100g. Somebody weighs it. Oops, it's actually 98g. Is there something wrong with the scale?"

That's meant to be easy but I still got it wrong. I wish it was just equations and definitions all the way through... *sigh*
Reply 10
dude we've had like 3 physics teachers this year and we didn't learn anything cuz they couldn't get us one proper bloody teacher

I go to the International school in Jakarta, so it costs like 30k, and all my chem+physics teachers are doing, is letting us copy of definitions off powerpoint slides, last year the teachers were way better, got an A* in the mock without studying and this year an A, seems like physics is not gonna be the expected self-runner :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
You know those terrible questions they set that are aimed at like E grades but are actually deceptively difficult? I hate them. Once I did a question something like:

"Here is an old weight. It says it's 100g. Somebody weighs it. Oops, it's actually 98g. Is there something wrong with the scale?"

That's meant to be easy but I still got it wrong. I wish it was just equations and definitions all the way through... *sigh*

HAAHHAAH dude thats literally so me like itll be the easiest thing like name a planet and i'll still probably write grass
Reply 12
Original post by ixam500
I go to the British school in Jakarta, so it costs like 30k, and all my chem+physics teachers are doing, is letting us copy of definitions off powerpoint slides, last year the teachers were way better, got an A* in the mock without studying and this year an A, seems like physics is not gonna be the expected self-runner :frown:

yeah i get you. i go to a private school & its all $$$$$$$ everytime i wanna breathe we pay money and yet i had to teach myself everything for science cuz we didnt do anything in class!
HAAHHAAH dude thats literally so me like itll be the easiest thing like name a planet and i'll still probably write grass

Speaking of grass, I thought that question in chemistry was awfully worded. Filtration right? Why not ask it in a normal way?

Uhhh... and I'm about to cry cos English Lit is next week and I haven't looked at my notes in a month...
Reply 14
the funny thing is, that all our good teachers left, cuz they apparently lowered the salaries, so now we get these teachers who were probably unemployed for like 5 years and now came to this school to at least have a job, (although Jakarta is pretty bad to live&work).
Reply 15

Uhhh... and I'm about to cry cos English Lit is next week and I haven't looked at my notes in a month...

Lit is the biggest c*ap mankind ever invented
Original post by ixam500
Lit is the biggest c*ap mankind ever invented

The exams are insanely stressful!

I'm doing CIE, you?
Reply 17
me too, good o'l cie, especially in maths, where they say that an a/a* in edexcel is a high c in CIE

The only easy CIE exam imo is Indonesian, they tested a new past paper concept, so it was so easy that you have to be almost retarded to not get at least a B.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ixam500
me too, good o'l cie, especially in maths, where they say that an a/a* in edexcel is a high c in CIE

The only easy CIE exam imo is Indonesian, they tested a new past paper concept, so it was so easy that you have to be almost retarded to not get at least a B.

Gosh that sounds bad for maths (I did Edexcel! But I am taking OCR additional maths as well which is quite a bit harder).

I'm doing Spies, All My Sons and Poems Deep and Dangerous... You?
Reply 19
Gosh that sounds bad for maths (I did Edexcel! But I am taking OCR additional maths as well which is quite a bit harder).

I'm doing Spies, All My Sons and Poems Deep and Dangerous... You?

My attentiveness during Lit sessions was 0% but as far as i know, we just did all my sons, our english teacher is a bit special, so we did everything about poems on pos-its on posters in a group, so we all have literally no resources for that. I might revise lit on the day of the exam, cuz its at 6pm (rip timezone)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending