Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Student doing a project on millenial drinking habits; any responses helpful! Thanks

Do you pre-plan wine purchase or is it always convenience? Is price the only thing that guides you and, if so, do you choose 'on offer' or the brands that are always cheap? Or do you buy based on something else, such as packaging, adverts etc? What do you look for when you're buying a wine? How much do you spend on wine, and does that differ for different occasions?

ReputationRep:
    I don't. I bought some vines but they're more for the grapes.

ReputationRep:
    I see what's available at the time when I'm in the shop. I usually get wine from the supermarket, if something is being offered at a reduced price and I think it suits what I like I might buy it. Unless it's for a special occasion I'll spend up to a tenner on a bottle.

I'd rather drink methylated spirits than some of the cheap branded wines out there.

ReputationRep:
    i personally treat myself to a good bottle of champagne when business is going well say VC or moet mainly but i'll buy krug and dom perignon as well

ReputationRep:
    #8C001A.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Strawberry Lambrini

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I rarely buy wine that isn't horrendously overpriced and being purchased in a bar or restaurant. In general, I buy based on what I know I like or, depending on the company, recommendations.

More of a whisk(e)y man.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.