Turn on thread page Beta

Aqa as sociology paper 2 families and household predictions new spec watch

ReputationRep:
    I need predictions for the upcoming sociology exam on family and households on 23rd may, bear in mind this is the new spec!

Please i need all the help i can get on likely topics to come up, thank you!!:-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopeless.student)
    I need predictions for the upcoming sociology exam on family and households on 23rd may, bear in mind this is the new spec!

Please i need all the help i can get on likely topics to come up, thank you!!:-)
    Hi! I moved this to the Sociology forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here You might want to look around this forum as well to see if anyone else has started a thread about this

ReputationRep:
    Apparently demographics is likely to come up as the 20 mark question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Hi! I moved this to the Sociology forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here You might want to look around this forum as well to see if anyone else has started a thread about this
    oh okay thank you so much :-) !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hakeem.419)
    oh god, that's the worst topic of the family and household section I really hope it doesn't but I will make sure to revise it, thanks ever so much

ReputationRep:
    I know the re-sit AS paper had questions on the Symmetrical family and the functions of the family being undermined by family diversity, but not sure if that means we're more or less likely to get that in our paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true, I will make sure I revise that well today then, thanks again
    Demographics is the worst likely 20 marker to come up although once you establish the trends i.e. increase in divorce, decrease in marriage etc it's easy to elaborate on why it's happening - the impact of feminism or social policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJade99)
    I know the re-sit AS paper had questions on the Symmetrical family and the functions of the family being undermined by family diversity, but not sure if that means we're more or less likely to get that in our paper?
    If it was in the resit then I don't think we will get it because then that will be too easy. I wish it were those topics though as I'm good at the domestic division of labour. But, you never know they might well come up, hopefully! Haha Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If it was in the resit then I don't think we will get it because then that will be too easy. I wish it were those topics though as I'm good at the domestic division of labour. But, you never know they might well come up, hopefully! Haha Thank you
    I know :/ I find those topics the easiest!

ReputationRep:

The approaches and functions of families may come up e.g. how far do sociologists agree that nuclear families are most important in today society. Also make sure you look at old pass papers such as the 2013 papers because i noticed that they get ideas from old papers as i did my exam today it was very similar good luck !

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone provide me with a document on demographics as i'm unsure how i'd answer a 20 marker on this, thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi my name is)
    The approaches and functions of families may come up e.g. how far do sociologists agree that nuclear families are most important in today society. Also make sure you look at old pass papers such as the 2013 papers because i noticed that they get ideas from old papers as i did my exam today it was very similar good luck !
    Oh right never knew that, I'll do some pass papers then and hopefully i will do well thank you!!

ReputationRep:

Isn't it the 24th sorry? 8:30?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foji)
    Isn't it the 24th sorry? 8:30?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh yeah sorry my bad haaha, and time is 9:00 :-)

ReputationRep:

for example if i get a C/D in unit 1 and it unit 2 i received a strong A grade what is my overall grade

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word, no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptracey_)
    for example if i get a C/D in unit 1 and it unit 2 i received a strong A grade what is my overall grade
    Probably a B. If you got a D it would likely be a low B, if you got a high C (top tier) you could possibly get an A.

ReputationRep:
    Is social policy likely to come up???? when did that last come up

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone help me answer an essay on demograpics because its quite likely to come up?, Eg birth rates/death rates? Does anyone have a sample answer? Please

ReputationRep:

Your exam is on the 23rd

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2017

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.