Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Society - General Interest thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    I agree, i have found that some people choose to study a Masters at (the evil place) or other high ranking unis in order to make their CV look a bit more impressive, when in truth it won’t.
    I was told if I couldn't get into Oxford, get a masters from there. Also the evil place should be the evil places

ReputationRep:
    yeh ill join da group sounds lik a good idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdFire)
    yeh ill join da group sounds lik a good idea
    You received my famous invite then

ReputationRep:
    i agree in part with whats was said about applicants who have cynical motives for doing say oxbridge masters, i.e. that should be done for the right reasons. but thats not to say it won't have positive implications for your CV as well and be commercially beneficial.

the BCL for example has the potential to provide substantive modules that no first degree could offer, such as international trade, tax and other corporate law areas which are ideal for city law. moreover, most modules are sponsored by top city firms so this fact is clearly acknowledged by future employers.

besides very few people go into law for non-utilitarian reasons so I don't see what the big deal is any way what someones motive is behind applying?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

As of yesterday I know I am going to LSE to study Law this year, can I join the society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonance)
    Hi

As of yesterday I know I am going to LSE to study Law this year, can I join the society?
    Sure I'll add you to the list

Enjoy university!

ReputationRep:
    hey...

can i join...

I have been meaning to do it for ages

he he

thanks

jay

ReputationRep:
    Could I join please?

I'll be studying law at Edinburgh University from next month.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Count me in

Off to study Law at UCL in September

anybody else studying there? If so message me

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Count me in

Off to study Law at UCL in September

anybody else studying there? If so message me

Thanks
    ME TOO!!!!!!! see you there.

ReputationRep:
    THE PROPHETOR!, Sceptical_Cynic and Blamps have been added

Have fun - most of you will be at university now

ReputationRep:
    Hello :rolleyes: ,

I was wondering if perhaps you could offer me some free advice, in 1999 I brought a property with my then partner. When we brought our property we had a trust of deeds drawn up!

The Trust of Deed states that when we sell the property the profits have to be split 50/50 which I do not have a problem with :eek: .

We also had wrote into the Trust of Deeds that in the event we was to stop living together as cohabiters, then whom ever remains in the property with the children has to pay ALL out goings on the property AS SOON AS the youngest child reaches 18 years of age(fortunately for me this is another 16 years away ).

The situation is that myself and my partner split up 2 years ago, I live at the property with my ex partners two children, I have been paying all the outgoings (mortgage, endowments, bills, insurances) on the property for the last 15 months as my ex partner REFUSES to pay a penny even thou according to the Trust of Deeds he signed he has to pay his half until the youngest child is 18 years of age.

Ive been in contact with him via his mother as he refuses to give me his address, im trying to Issue a Claim against him at the county court for the arrears that he owes me dating back over 15 months, the amount im trying to claim is £3,000, ive told him of my intentions but he still wont give his address for the issue of my claim :mad: .

As far as im concerned he owes this money and according to the Deeds of Trust he owes this money, he is also asking for exactly 50% for me to buy him out the property although I don't have this amount which he knows, and also im thinking that surely to get 50% he should be paying in the same 50% until our children are 18 years old. He cant force me to sell the house as that was also written in that the person not residing at the property cant force out the resident party as long as the children are below 18 years of age or six months after the youngest Childs 18 birthday.

Is it possible to have him removed from the Trust of Deeds or from the mortgage on the grounds that he is defaulting and refuses to pay half the outgoings as he signed on the Trust of Deeds.

If you could advise me that would be great, or if you need more information please re mail me.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    *Note to UKL Law Society Founder* Section 23 of The UKL Sig Act 2004 clearly prohibits the use of sig steroids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    *Note to UKL Law Society Founder* Section 23 of The UKL Sig Act 2004 clearly prohibits the use of sig steroids.
    Why is it so far in the Act to be in section 23? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why is it so far in the Act to be in section 23? lol
    Because sections 1 thru 22 outlaw blinding blue due to its headache inducing effects.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see anyone else complaining. It doesn't appear big if you have certain browsers etc.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see anyone else complaining. It doesn't appear big if you have certain browsers etc.
    Wherever I read a post there is always one who points out your sig lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Wherever I read a post there is always one who points out your sig lol
    Yeah but it's famous

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it's famous
    Infamous!

ReputationRep:
    hey sorry i've taken so long to reply i've been on hol!! but i'd certainly like to join your law society if that's ok
    just wondering, who's the youngest member? i've just got my gcse results.

neway ttyl

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.