x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lissy)
    I'd like to join - just started at KCL
    I'll add you to the list

I'm considering applying there you know

ReputationRep:
    hey NDGAARONDI,

you probably gathered i am crazy about law and i havent ever had the initiative to ask to join....so i am going to now:

Please could I join the law soc? I am hoping to study law at cam and then do the BCL at ox (*im not too ambitious**honest*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamierwilliams)
    you probably gathered i am crazy about law
    Yep but I don't think you're the only one

and i havent ever had the initiative to ask to join
    I sent you a message about this ages ago, ah well.

Please could I join the law soc?
    Sure.

I am hoping to study law at cam and then do the BCL at ox (*im not too ambitious**honest*)
    Well if you get into a decent university to start with for the LLB it will make it easier to enrol onto the BCL at Oxford. There's a thread on the BCL on the Oxford subforum

ReputationRep:
    lol...good post...

ReputationRep:
    lol...good post...
    I think you're catching up with Scottus_Mus with respect to members of UKL Subject Societies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    you have to understand, people coming from a all science/arts (non law) background have very little knowledge about law. i found that reading the alevel books alongside my preliminary reading (understanding the law-geoffrey rivlin, vv good) and background reading. this has made some areas alot clearer.

do you or anyone else know how much weight do BVC/LPC/traineeships/law employers generally place on alevel grades? with most students getting a 2:1 or even a 1st, how do they discriminate between applicants?cos my friends at APU (YAY!) have CDD at alevel, but want to work in law yet i've heard alevel grades are considered strongly.
    as far as i know, the top firms want 26+ a level points. that's ABB+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    as far as i know, the top firms want 26+ a level points. that's ABB+
    320 points more like

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm applying 2 do the llb at notts, birm, warwick, leic, n lse. Could u add me 2 the society? sounds interesting.

thanx
    M x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaoz)
    Hey, i'm applying 2 do the llb at notts, birm, warwick, leic, n lse. Could u add me 2 the society? sounds interesting.

thanx
    M x
    Sure, I'll you to the members' list.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya. I'd like to join. I'm an upper 6th student hoping to stufy law, preferably Law and Criminology at sheffield. I'm also applying to do straigh LLB at Bristol, UEA Nowrwich, Warwick, Southampton, and also Law and Criminology at Lancaster as my fall back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatsnowman)
    Hiya. I'd like to join. I'm an upper 6th student hoping to stufy law, preferably Law and Criminology at sheffield. I'm also applying to do straigh LLB at Bristol, UEA Nowrwich, Warwick, Southampton, and also Law and Criminology at Lancaster as my fall back.
    Welcome aboard, I'll add you to the members' list.

ReputationRep:
    Can I join please? I would ideally like to go into law in the future in some respect. Am going on the criminal law workshop course at Nottingham in december hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.R)
    Can I join please? I would ideally like to go into law in the future in some respect. Am going on the criminal law workshop course at Nottingham in december hopefully.
    Sure you can join, I'll add you to the list. I've heard of that workshop but I will not go as I cannot afford it and it is at an awkward time too. I will, however, try and make it for an event with the Law Commission on homicide if I haven't already missed it.

ReputationRep:
    what is the BCL?

ReputationRep:
    what is the BCL?
    http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Deg...ord_University http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/gsp/course...nces/law.shtml

ReputationRep:
    what the hell do you do with that??

ReputationRep:
    what the hell do you do with that??
    You mean the purposes of the BCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You mean the purposes of the BCL?
    yea. what does it do? can you go to the bar/practise as a solicitor? sounds like a rip off to me

ReputationRep:
    yea. what does it do? can you go to the bar/practise as a solicitor? sounds like a rip off to me
    I think, without looking it up, it is a taught programme of set topics. It is highly thought of and I would like the option to study it myself.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I would like to join. I've just started my law degree.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.