The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

NDGAARONDI
That too :cool:

Still can't be bothered to do my essay on it though. :tongue:

Something about work of solicitors and barristers being the same, do I agree...*uses forums more* lalala!
Reply 501
Swing
Something about work of solicitors and barristers being the same, do I agree...*uses forums more* lalala!

Probably about merging the two professions to one, the advantages and disadvantages from the idea.
NDGAARONDI
Probably about merging the two professions to one, the advantages and disadvantages from the idea.

The Courts and Legal Services Act 1990.
The Access to Justice Act 1999.

Ohhhhh yeah, didn't use a book for that or anything! :cool:
Reply 503
Oh ok then :smile:
NDGAARONDI
Oh ok then :smile:

LOL! You don't sound too impressed. *Goes off to cry into my pillow*
Reply 505
Swing
LOL! You don't sound too impressed. *Goes off to cry into my pillow*

Up to you how you work :biggrin:
Reply 506
Swing
The Courts and Legal Services Act 1990.
The Access to Justice Act 1999.

Ohhhhh yeah, didn't use a book for that or anything! :cool:

I found all that work on Barristers and Solicitors merging so goddamn boring....(maybe because I did numerous essays on it!)
Reply 507
NDGAARONDI

Hey, could we debate this in a different thread or would you guys mind posting your essays on the topic (or if you're afraid someone might plagiate you, send them to me by e-mail)? I'm doing Law at university in Germany and I'd like to know more about the professions of solicitors and barristers, their differences, their training etc.

The way it works over here is, we believe that all members of the legal profession should have a largely uniform training in order for them to be competent in the greatest number of areas. The legal training stage is the same for every Law graduate, you get to work with attorneys, prosecutors and judges as well as in the administration. At the end of it, everyone can potentially become a judge. Of course only the best make it that far and our system has been criticised for training primarily towards the office of a judge, although most graduates will end up as attorneys. My Dean has explained this system by the wish to have high-standard training for all members of the legal profession, rather than a fairly narrow attorney training and a more rounded training for judges.

What do you guys think? I think it'd be interested to compare the strengths and weaknesses of both systems...
Reply 508
You could move over to the Law subforum :tongue: I think you will get better responses.
Reply 509
NDGAARONDI
You could move over to the Law subforum :tongue: I think you will get better responses.

Fair enough, but since the issue was raised here, I thought I'd post here first...
Reply 510
Thanks to you,NDGAARONDI, I would like to be apart of UKL Law Society.
Reply 511
ctcm
Thanks to you,NDGAARONDI, I would like to be apart of UKL Law Society.

Thanks, I'll add you in :smile:
Hey Law society i was wondering if anyone here had access to Courtroom transcripts i have been looking everywhere but cant find any and i really need it for my A2 english language investigation on language of Law
Reply 513
Do they have to be from English court cases?
Reply 514
makaveli_2k_04
Hey Law society i was wondering if anyone here had access to Courtroom transcripts i have been looking everywhere but cant find any and i really need it for my A2 english language investigation on language of Law

For relatively recent case material the best place is probably the British and Irish Legal Information Institute website at www.bailii.org. This site has transcripts of cases going back up to almost 10 years. There will be cases dating to pre-Woolf reforms; should be suitable for your needs.

Note that the only things the BAILII cases don't include are headnotes, introductions and submissions by counsel. For these you would have to get access to The Law Reports/All ER/WLR - I doubt your school/college has these collections or online subscriptions to websites that do.
what do you do with the BCL?
can i be a solicitor/barrister with it?
Reply 516
magiccarpet
what do you do with the BCL?
can i be a solicitor/barrister with it?

You're probably better off asking someone who has already graduated and/or are on the BCL course themselves.
Ye i need transcripts for the united kingdom and they have to be in transcript form showing what a judge says wat the prosecutions case is and how the defendants defend it also witnesses i realise that they have to be edited but i cant find them anywhere
Reply 518
You can only find judgments and summaries of cases because this is what lawyers need. If you are saying transcripts as in what is available to appellant judges to read up on about on what happened to the case on trial then you might have to ask a member of court staff. Court cases can be recorded either by a big reel thing or are typed up. I believe this is what you see on TV. Is this it?

Well this site might provide some further information and/or help http://www.courtservice.gov.uk/
Reply 519
hi all, i was just wondering what happens to defendants who say that they are guilty? i have searched all the possible places and i cant find any good sites. also in addition to this question do any AS Law Students know what good books there are, i mean to revise from like letts, thing is that they dont do it but i like the way that they are laid out i.e colour, not too thick etc
thanks in advance,

regards, Vincent

Latest

Trending

Trending