Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I'll add you the list.

As for journals etc, try the Student Law Review

ReputationRep:
    hi, all i haev a module 1 and 2 exam in january and i woule liek to know if there is any advice that people can give in order to help me. when asked to do these types of essays im not sure how i should structure it and also are there any key cases that will impress the exa\miner?

ReputationRep:
    sorry....what is the point in joining?
    Another thing to write on your signiture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vmong)
    hi, all i haev a module 1 and 2 exam in january and i woule liek to know if there is any advice that people can give in order to help me. when asked to do these types of essays im not sure how i should structure it and also are there any key cases that will impress the exa\miner?
    Well, for starters, could you tell us what your exam is roughly about. As for particular cases, there are probably too many to mention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Another thing to write on your signiture.
    You don't have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    You don't have to.
    I don't. I lurk around in the Law section anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Jen1284 added

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muncrun)
    Well, for starters, could you tell us what your exam is roughly about. As for particular cases, there are probably too many to mention.
    yeah ok sorry, im doing AQA AS Law module 1 and 2, i think that the teacher said that there are some landmark cases for Judicial precedent etc. i have only studies Judicical precedent and we are going to do statuory interpretation and HAVE to answer questions on that sos thats all we have done for last few months!

ReputationRep:
    forensic law still counts as law, so count me in.

as for the start of this thread you missed out the all important ALLY MCBEAL..... heheheh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    forensic law still counts as law, so count me in.
    Cool :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hello.Can I join please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyglitter)
    Hello.Can I join please?
    Sure.

ReputationRep:
    i got your pm, ill join!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariel4)
    i got your pm, ill join!
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    A couple of interesting articles:

Times interview w/ CC boss

Diversity in the City

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobb_theprequel)
    A couple of interesting articles:

Times interview w/ CC boss

Diversity in the City
    "a glass skyscraper with a designer foyer the size of half a football pitch" - my cousin would say that is slightly OTT, but they do have a gym, bar etc. But you seriously just don't have time for it.
    PS. My cousin works for Clifford Chance and he got his degree from Exeter - it proves that you don't have to come from Oxbridge to get to the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    My cousin works for Clifford Chance and he got his degree from Exeter - it proves that you don't have to come from Oxbridge to get to the top.
    I agree entirely with what you are saying, although I suppose the article is an elaboration on the basic diversity debate: yes, non-Oxbridge graduates will get a look-in when it comes to the initial recruitment process. However, as the article identifies, the preferential treatment appears to become most prevalent in the higher echelons of the job market: Slaughter & May - 58% of partners originate from two universities, which together, probably account for <2% of all those holding LLBs.

I think that Lammy is wholly justified in asking where are the minority judges, partners, QCs? Why the Oxbridge bias?

There is still, for all intents and purposes, something of a glass ceiling in the professions - and whilst I contend that the large City law firms and investment houses are doing a lot to channel resources into widening participation at ground-level (trainee schemes etc.); there is still much headway to be made in the boardrooms, at partner level, at divisional head level.

ReputationRep:
    We're quiet recently...

ReputationRep:
    yeh u damn right meat is da best

ReputationRep:
    Please add me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.