Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on this thread for a loooong time.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabellewalter)
    Please add me
    Sure. You were on my list to invite, just got to send some invitations

ReputationRep:
    I'll sign up

I'm 2nd year of my LLB at Strathclyde University, whose Law School ranked the 9th in The Times Higher Educational league.

My interest in mainly harboured in family law, more specifically divorce proceedings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissAmy)
    My interest in mainly harboured in family law, more specifically divorce proceedings.
    May I ask, why is there a bias when it comes to studying family law in the sense that there are more females studying it than men? I know numbers are hardly ever 50/50 but this is not even 40/60.

Welcome aboard btw.

ReputationRep:
    I'd very much like to join.

I am currently applying to read Law for 2005 entry (Cambridge, Durham, UCL, LSE, Bristol and Nottingham) and am particularly interested in Human Rights Law.

ReputationRep:
    You got my invite

Sure I'll add you in, thanks for joining

ReputationRep:
    Count me in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Thanks for the invite, NDGAARONDI, I would like to join the society!
    Cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliverPJ)
    Count me in.
    Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    Count me in also.

ReputationRep:
    I was once a member as Eddie87-04, but then some error cropped up. Feel free to put me back in please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddie)
    I was once a member as Eddie87-04, but then some error cropped up. Feel free to put me back in please.
    I wondered if that was you :p: I think you're not the only one on the list who's experienced the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepuk17)
    Count me in also.
    Welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I would like to join up!! Im a first year law student at Brunel University, my favourite subjects are Criminal Law and Public Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabrina1985)
    Hey I would like to join up!! Im a first year law student at Brunel University, my favourite subjects are Criminal Law and Public Law
    Someone with a favourite in public law like myself, yay

ReputationRep:
    hey, yeh ide like to join.... anyone in here do MUN? :hello:

ReputationRep:
    p.s. is jesus college good? i got rejected from brasenose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosyposy)
    hey, yeh ide like to join....
    Excellent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    May I ask, why is there a bias when it comes to studying family law in the sense that there are more females studying it than men? I know numbers are hardly ever 50/50 but this is not even 40/60.

Welcome aboard btw.
    I actually dont know, but I absolutely agree with you. Even amongst my friends at uni there is a definite male/female split between subjects like commericial/criminal/property on one hand and family/discrimination on the other.

My marks have been fairly consistant throughout, so it's not really a preference I have because I do better in this subject; although I find it considerably more interesting than others, which always helps. There's also a lot of Family Law reform going on right now (in Scotland, at least) which is proving interesting to follow. I had an excellent lecturer/tutor on the subject, he's currently the leading Scots law authority on the subject, and has been excellent as a mentor.

I saw you mention public law - I actually enjoyed this subject alot also. Not really where I see my career lying, but an area I will always have an interest in, nonetheless. (Looking forward to seeing how the new "supreme court" will work out, especially as it will be illegal in Scotland ! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissAmy)
    (Looking forward to seeing how the new "supreme court" will work out, especially as it will be illegal in Scotland ! )
    That's debatable. Here's some background http://www.lawreports.co.uk/hlpc_nov0.9.htm and http://www.lawreports.co.uk/hlpc_nov0.8.htm

Remember which Parliament is sovereign.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2010

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.