~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I haven't been on this thread for a loooong time.....
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by annabellewalter)
Please add me
Sure. You were on my list to invite, just got to send some invitations
MissAmy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'll sign up

I'm 2nd year of my LLB at Strathclyde University, whose Law School ranked the 9th in The Times Higher Educational league.

My interest in mainly harboured in family law, more specifically divorce proceedings.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissAmy)
My interest in mainly harboured in family law, more specifically divorce proceedings.
May I ask, why is there a bias when it comes to studying family law in the sense that there are more females studying it than men? I know numbers are hardly ever 50/50 but this is not even 40/60.

Welcome aboard btw.
vintage_queen
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
I'd very much like to join.

I am currently applying to read Law for 2005 entry (Cambridge, Durham, UCL, LSE, Bristol and Nottingham) and am particularly interested in Human Rights Law.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
You got my invite

Sure I'll add you in, thanks for joining
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by [email protected])
Thanks for the invite, NDGAARONDI, I would like to join the society!
Cool.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Excellent.
Last edited by RK; 10 months ago
jamiepuk17
Report 15 years ago
Count me in also.
Eddie
Report 15 years ago
I was once a member as Eddie87-04, but then some error cropped up. Feel free to put me back in please.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eddie)
I was once a member as Eddie87-04, but then some error cropped up. Feel free to put me back in please.
I wondered if that was you :p: I think you're not the only one on the list who's experienced the same thing.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamiepuk17)
Count me in also.
Welcome.
Sabrina1985
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey I would like to join up!! Im a first year law student at Brunel University, my favourite subjects are Criminal Law and Public Law
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sabrina1985)
Hey I would like to join up!! Im a first year law student at Brunel University, my favourite subjects are Criminal Law and Public Law
Someone with a favourite in public law like myself, yay
rosyposy
Report 15 years ago
hey, yeh ide like to join.... anyone in here do MUN? :hello:
rosyposy
Report 15 years ago
p.s. is jesus college good? i got rejected from brasenose
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosyposy)
hey, yeh ide like to join....
Excellent
MissAmy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
May I ask, why is there a bias when it comes to studying family law in the sense that there are more females studying it than men? I know numbers are hardly ever 50/50 but this is not even 40/60.

Welcome aboard btw.
I actually dont know, but I absolutely agree with you. Even amongst my friends at uni there is a definite male/female split between subjects like commericial/criminal/property on one hand and family/discrimination on the other.

My marks have been fairly consistant throughout, so it's not really a preference I have because I do better in this subject; although I find it considerably more interesting than others, which always helps. There's also a lot of Family Law reform going on right now (in Scotland, at least) which is proving interesting to follow. I had an excellent lecturer/tutor on the subject, he's currently the leading Scots law authority on the subject, and has been excellent as a mentor.

I saw you mention public law - I actually enjoyed this subject alot also. Not really where I see my career lying, but an area I will always have an interest in, nonetheless. (Looking forward to seeing how the new "supreme court" will work out, especially as it will be illegal in Scotland ! )
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by MissAmy)
(Looking forward to seeing how the new "supreme court" will work out, especially as it will be illegal in Scotland ! )
That's debatable. Here's some background http://www.lawreports.co.uk/hlpc_nov0.9.htm and http://www.lawreports.co.uk/hlpc_nov0.8.htm

Remember which Parliament is sovereign.
leopard
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
~Yay! i can join the law society now! i'm going to be starting in 2 weeks at Uni of NSW in Sydney doing Commerce/Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (36)
21.18%
No (134)
78.82%

Watched Threads