Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_S)
    thanx superdillon. When i said different sectors, i meant areas, for example there is criminal law and corporate law, how can i find out what each involves ? do u get what i mean?
    The easiest way to find out what is involved in criminal law/corporate law is to get some worke experience in that area.
    If you looking for a much simpler idea of what lawyers working in those areas are involved in then look up any law firm/chambers on that website I gave you and there is a link along the right hand side, for the current cases that they are involved in. Alternatively look up, pretty much any firm you want on their website, where you can find out more about their practice areas and current cases they are working on.

ReputationRep:
    Constitutional law all the way baby! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hi I would like to join please. I am beginning my Law degree this coming September and would like to correspond with like-mined people before I begin studies. WooHoo.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Can I join please, in the process of doing A2 Law!
    Going to do the ILEX course after college.

Also anyone care to compile a basic list of the law magazines?

ReputationRep:
    Please can i join, i'm just about to start studying A2 law

ReputationRep:
    would love to join, just about to start A2 law, it's my fav subject!:proud:

ReputationRep:
    I would love to join, too. I am going to study law at UCL

ReputationRep:
    Please could I join.

ReputationRep:
    Do add me.

Adam, Law, 2nd year (to be), Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Hi can i join. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I would like to join. When will you be updating people on here. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying BA (Hons.) in Law and Management and I am then hoping to progress onto my LLB. My ultimate aim is to become a Solicitor-Advocate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1988)
    I'm studying BA (Hons.) in Law and Management and I am then hoping to progress onto my LLB. My ultimate aim is to become a Solicitor-Advocate.
    Might be a better option to do the PGdL or the or the CPE which then qualifies you to attend the legal practitioners course to become a solictor, rather than doing an LLB aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiniMatt)
    Might be a better option to do the PGdL or the or the CPE which then qualifies you to attend the legal practitioners course to become a solictor, rather than doing an LLB aswell.
    We don’t have either qualification in Scotland. If graduates students want to pick up law here they usually do a two year LLB. Unless, of course, 1988 wants to qualify in England. If the latter is the case I apologise

Scots_Law

ReputationRep:
    I'm wanting to qualify in Scotland therefore the English route dosn't apply.

ReputationRep:
    Durham Law fresher here. May I join?

Aren't societies supposed to have discussions, not just posts with people asking to join? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Okay well let's get a discussion going. The Judges at the European Court of Human Rights retired to consider a verdict on a case brought the them from the UK (decision due in 5 months) time. The case was about Speed Cameras and how when you are caught by a speed camera you have to declare who was driving, thus going against your right to silence. What is your opinion on the matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1988)
    Okay well let's get a discussion going. The Judges at the European Court of Human Rights retired to consider a verdict on a case brought the them from the UK (decision due in 5 months) time. The case was about Speed Cameras and how when you are caught by a speed camera you have to declare who was driving, thus going against your right to silence. What is your opinion on the matter?
    Has a court actually decided that yet? If so, which one?
    I find it hard to believe that a person's right to silence can be compromised over such a silly thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    Aren't societies supposed to have discussions, not just posts with people asking to join? :confused:
    I was thinking that to. May be there is some secret forum somewhere where debates/issues are being argued.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.