The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
valdamas
Does this this make any sense?:rolleyes:

I failed 2 modules at AS in Law.

The silly teachers have mentioned that I have declined my Law grade.

However, I am going to study Law LLB at uni:p:

( I never revised for law AS)

:redface:

Where are you going to study law at?
sheffield , or, lincoln, or london....have 3 conditional offers....:p:
Reply 902
valdamas
sheffield , or, lincoln, or london....have 3 conditional offers....:p:

That's cool. Which London universities? There's so many of them - UCL, KCL, QM, LSE, Brunel, City, Met, UEL...
Reply 903
Hi. Hope I can join your society. Just finished my LLB, doing an LPC now:smile:
NDGAARONDI, thanks for your message conveyed via another method of communication. I did just about guess that it may-be you. :smile:
Reply 905
LauraWalker
NDGAARONDI, thanks for your message conveyed via another method of communication. I did just about guess that it may-be you. :smile:

Yay! :p::biggrin:
What a post...
Reply 908
#troll#
Can somone tell me about the LPC and what exactly is done during the course. Plus i would like to know if it is difficult and whether you are pretty much guaranteed a job at the end of it. I would like to do either international commercial law or European Law. If i want to work for the EU, so i have to do a special course for that too or will I be fine with just a law degree. I am so confused, someone please help! :redface:
Reply 910
can i join? =) will be doing law at uni as of september. not too clued up on the subject yet, as i havent done it before, but still find it really interesting!
vickyglitz
Can somone tell me about the LPC and what exactly is done during the course. Plus i would like to know if it is difficult and whether you are pretty much guaranteed a job at the end of it. I would like to do either international commercial law or European Law. If i want to work for the EU, so i have to do a special course for that too or will I be fine with just a law degree. I am so confused, someone please help! :redface:

Have a look at the websites of some LPC providers such and College of Law and BPP, which will tell you what you study on the course. It is more vocational than a degree, with an emphasis on learning how to actually be a solicitor rather than legal knowledge.

It is supposed to be quite difficult, it is certainly quite intensive. You are by no means guaranteed a job at the end though. Law is notoriously difficult to get into, you will need a training contract and work experience in the area, preferably vacation placements.

I'm not sure how you would go about working in the EU. Which particular area do you want to work in? There will not be a special course at this stage, but you will need a law degree (or a CPE) followed by an LPC and probably will need to have a lot of years of experience behind you before you can start working within the EU, so you might want to think about working within an area like international commercial law. I doubt the EU will take on trainees.
Reply 912
emerley
can i join? =) will be doing law at uni as of september. not too clued up on the subject yet, as i havent done it before, but still find it really interesting!

You'll have to go to the blue 'toolbar' underneath our logo and go to socs and find our society from there and hit the join button! :p:
I would like to join the society please.
I am currently studying the Law LLB at kent. I am just finishing my first year. Currently on reading week.
Reply 914
Penelope21
I would like to join the society please.
I am currently studying the Law LLB at kent. I am just finishing my first year. Currently on reading week.

I thought of studying law at Kent but they're uber strict with their grade requirements so that's their loss. Oh and to join you have to click on my sig or use the blue bar on the forum front so I get notified of an application. It's like a lite usergroup.
hi everyone, i'm currenly studying law (alevels) and i hope to be in Brunel in sept studying law. although it is a (sort-of) difficult subject, it is interesting and i do hope to get all my grades... be a successful solicitor....and prolly have my own firm
Reply 916
Welcome. :smile:
Reply 917
ABOUT TO ENTER FIRST YEAR LAW AT SOUTHAMPTON!!!!!! YEHAWWWWWW

me love law... that is all.
*slumps down on the couch*

ello
Reply 919
~Linh~
ABOUT TO ENTER FIRST YEAR LAW AT SOUTHAMPTON!!!!!! YEHAWWWWWW

me love law... that is all.

That reminds me, going to buy/hire a book on the case of Nuqallaq. :biggrin: