Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *slumps down on the couch*

ello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Linh~)
    ABOUT TO ENTER FIRST YEAR LAW AT SOUTHAMPTON!!!!!! YEHAWWWWWW

me love law... that is all.
    That reminds me, going to buy/hire a book on the case of Nuqallaq.

ReputationRep:
    hey i'm currently an a2 law student!!

I've got a place a birmingham and a place at leicester, but i picked the later as my firm, i liked it more.

But people keep saying the subject is too competitive and not worth doing, especially as it's rock hard to get a job.
    What do people think on here about it???

ReputationRep:
    Could you join me please
    just finished my AS law and I hope to study law at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carpboy)
    But people keep saying the subject is too competitive and not worth doing, especially as it's rock hard to get a job.
    What do people think on here about it???
    Go with your instincts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackandblessed)
    Could you join me please
    just finished my AS law and I hope to study law at uni
    Have you been to the Socs link between Members and Wiki below the site's logo? I'll have a check if you've applied. If not, you need to do it that way rather than the old way of me writing everyone's name down and then claiming your membership in your signature.

ReputationRep:
    hi,

Do you think this degree, where the LPC is the 4th year, charged at only 3070, the same standard as a traditional LPC

http://www.hud.ac.uk/courses/undergr...es00000350.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiquitaBanana)
    hi,

Do you think this degree, where the LPC is the 4th year, charged at only 3070, the same standard as a traditional LPC

http://www.hud.ac.uk/courses/undergr...es00000350.htm
    I reccomend it because it saves you money and has the same standards as taking the LPC somewhere else. On the plus side you can be in uni for another year.

ReputationRep:
    hey people

im stargin my firist year of Law at uni, should i be reading some books already? if so, which do you highly recommend?

i have read that some people doing there first year of law are already reading stuff up:confused:

i dont want to be left behind:eek:

ReputationRep:
    glanville williams -learning the law. is a great way to prepare yourself for uni
    try his other books they gd too

unlocking criminal law can't remember the author but amazon it.
    Tort
    Land Law
    contract and many more
    Their easy to read - makes sense most of the time and again gd preps for uni.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Violent_Begger)
    glanville williams -learning the law. is a great way to prepare yourself for uni
    try his other books they gd too

unlocking criminal law can't remember the author but amazon it.
    Jacqueline Martin and Tony Storey or something; yes, they're like the only books I've read so glad you mentioned them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Count me in.

I am a Swedish student who will be applying for Law 2008.

I'm mainly interested in Environmental and Human Rights Law but also medicine.

Btw: Are you, the OP, swedish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiquitaBanana)
    hey people

im stargin my firist year of Law at uni, should i be reading some books already? if so, which do you highly recommend?

i have read that some people doing there first year of law are already reading stuff up:confused:

i dont want to be left behind:eek:
    I am also starting first year law. As a fantastic introduction as well as offering continual advice throughout your time as a law student, the "LAW STUDENTS HANDBOOK by Steve Wilson and Phillip Kenny" is truly an excellent book.

ReputationRep:
    What A-lvl subjects would you need to study law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    What A-lvl subjects would you need to study law?
    I believe that most subjects are fine.

Some institutions though, can prefer one to have studied more traditional subjects: English Lit, History, Maths etc.

I've also heard that Law is not too popular, but I'm not very into this as a Swedish student (although I've seen multiple threads about this topic during my time so far here on TSR).

Have you chosen your subjects or are you about to?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my GCSE's anyway
    I might do one traditional subject ( English maybe), but I'm more into social sciences.

ReputationRep:
    Hey i've requested to join.

Law 2008 entry.

ReputationRep:
    I've added you.

To re-add to the spice we had eons ago I'll try and draw up some law debate some how. Don't want to feel I'm getting people to help with my essays, which is impossible, since I'm working full time at the moment anyway.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hello, fellow Lawyers/Law-students. Im new to the forum and also studying Law. Basically, I need some advice on applying for vacation placements. Im mainly looking to target medium-sized firms around london possibly. Anyone care to give me any tips/info etc. Much appreciated.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2010

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.