Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    RedDragon, maybe you are right. But I am not sure during an A level course you can find out you will like this field or not. In my country, Hungary, you have to study for 5 years to get your lawyer Diploma. If you have completed your final exams as well after you wrote your thesis, you become a doctor (jur.). By us there are just barristers, no solicitors. After my 6th semester I really felt tired.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klara80)
    RedDragon, maybe you are right. But I am not sure during an A level course you can find out you will like this field or not. In my country, Hungary, you have to study for 5 years to get your lawyer Diploma. If you have completed your final exams as well after you wrote your thesis, you become a doctor (jur.). By us there are just barristers, no solicitors. After my 6th semester I really felt tired.
    Good luck!
    That does sound tough. I notice your location says Liverpool. Are you studying law here as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    Wait, wow there's something happening in this society, it had gone really quiet.:eek:
    Law students getting wrecked during Freshers' week may be? Quite annoying that there's an assumption that you have to be drunk to have a good time. I know I haven't been here a while, since I'm not studying law, there's not much for me from the law section these days. If you want, and you are regularly online I can add you as a leader. I'm aiming high for my studies so I can't be dossing for hours on TSR any longer really.

Oh and it's always amusing watching people pissed as a fart who can't dance to save their lives. Public shoolgirls = :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else applying for law at Cambridge, Leicester, Southampton, Birmingham and/or East Anglia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Law students getting wrecked during Freshers' week may be? Quite annoying that there's an assumption that you have to be drunk to have a good time. I know I haven't been here a while, since I'm not studying law, there's not much for me from the law section these days. If you want, and you are regularly online I can add you as a leader. I'm aiming high for my studies so I can't be dossing for hours on TSR any longer really.

Oh and it's always amusing watching people pissed as a fart who can't dance to save their lives. Public shoolgirls = :jiggy:
    If you don't mind my asking how come your not studying law?
    Yes I have heard that freshers week can be like that. What me and my dad find amusing is when you ask someone who has got pissed how their weekend was and they say great, you go on to ask them what did they do and all of a sudden the weekend disappears in an alcoholic haze. I get very concerned when people start asking "What's the best uni to get pissed at"Is that all they think about? I do happen to go TSR quite frequently usually just to check up on things. As college has started again I can't spend hours on here like I did in summer....suppose you have to taste cold harsh reality at some point.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind my asking how come your not studying law?
    No As at 'A' level plus whilst I enjoy competition I do find the selection process, at times, somewhat concerning. I wanted the option of a masters and I can do criminal justice areas on some good MA/MSc courses. Have looked at the topics covered, academics of research groups and publications by them, what's the best 'theme' of today (restorative justice and desidence are). When you're studying 40 hours a week or more for a subject you need to make sure you seriouslyt enjoy rather than studying like a driving test. Plus my main interest in law I had, and still do, is constitutional law. But I'm better off looking at this from a politics side, certainly the books are better on the constitution in the politics section at Senate House than in the law section, plus it gives a whole picture looking at both.
    Grades, for the best part, are made according to supply and demand. So you can get a good course at a not very competitive course and have an offer of BBB but with law everyone wants AAA it seems. Law is very expensive to learn. Quick way to get in debt rather than creaming over the prospect of joining MC firms.

arhh the Law Society!
    *doesn't sit in the hope of not staining suit with dominion solicitors*

How are we?

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is on here about twice a week or more and you are interested in being co-leader of the law society then quote or PM me.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is on here about twice a week or more and you are interested in being co-leader of the law society then quote or PM me.
    Is there anything else here other than this thread? If not, sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divide By Zero)
    Is there anything else here other than this thread? If not, sure.
    All you do is admit people who have joined the society. So, in case I don't log in for a month, I don't annoy any legal beagles by not replying quicker. Any further activity you do is your own choice. I used to arrange some debates and even looked into getting law students involved in the TSR House of Commons, which received 'legislative' approval, for law reform but there was not much interest. Plus I'm winding that down too.

You might need this link though:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=manageself

ReputationRep:
    All you do is admit people who have joined the society. So, in case I don't log in for a month, I don't annoy any legal beagles by not replying quicker. Any further activity you do is your own choice. I used to arrange some debates and even looked into getting law students involved in the TSR House of Commons, which received 'legislative' approval, for law reform but there was not much interest. Plus I'm winding that down too.

You might need this link though:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=manageself
    Sure, I'm up for that.

EDIT: Alright, I'm done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    arhh the Law Society!
    *doesn't sit in the hope of not staining suit with dominion solicitors*

How are we?
    Hello Lord Hysteria, didn't expect to find you in here.

Hello Lord Hysteria, didn't expect to find you in here.
    Evening :top2:

ReputationRep:
    How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Evening :top2:
    Awesome smiley.

ReputationRep:
    Argh. Was meant to read 60+ pages of this property law textbook by tomorrow, but haven't got enough time, so I'm just going to wiki everything. I'm so glad one of my tutorials tomorrow was cancelled, otherwise I'd be overdosing on my new best friend Pro Plus, right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Argh. Was meant to read 60+ pages of this property law textbook by tomorrow, but haven't got enough time, so I'm just going to wiki everything. I'm so glad one of my tutorials tomorrow was cancelled, otherwise I'd be overdosing on my new best friend Pro Plus, right now.
    Sixty pages? Should only take another hour; you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Sixty pages? Should only take another hour; you'll be fine.
    It's not written in the most interesting way. :o: I've also got to do the corresponding tutorial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    It's not written in the most interesting way. :o: I've also got to do the corresponding tutorial.
    Well, you won't be much help in the tutorial if you don't finish it, will you?

ReputationRep:
    Well, you won't be much help in the tutorial if you don't finish it, will you?
    No need to be a patronising...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.