I quite like it too.
RedDragon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lord Hysteria)
Tired and depressed.
:console: Get a good nights sleep, it will pass. Can't have his Lordship being depressed, it just ain't right I tell you.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Divide By Zero)
Sure, I'm up for that.

EDIT: Alright, I'm done.
Have fun. I am going to do a Lord Hoffman and get involved with Amnesty International. :cool:
Divide By Zero
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does anybody have any suggestions as to which books/cases to read up on before going to uni?
eve_22
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Does anybody have any suggestions as to which books/cases to read up on before going to uni?
As far as i know, you are not required to have any prior knowledge of Law before starting your course...However, if you do want to read something, read about English legal system: the common law, structure of the courts and etc. It should give you a good foundation for everything else...

Reading cases before university is probably not the best idea...you won't understand them as such and it might even put you off...Although I do enjoy reading through a criminal law case once in a while, as it is actually quite interesting
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)

Reading cases before university is probably not the best idea...you won't understand them as such and it might even put you off...Although I do enjoy reading through a criminal law case once in a while, as it is actually quite interesting
Well sometimes disturbing would be a better word. We are learning about consent at the moment and a couple of cases we looked at were....well let's just say there are some strange people out there.
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
As far as i know, you are not required to have any prior knowledge of Law before starting your course...However, if you do want to read something, read about English legal system: the common law, structure of the courts and etc. It should give you a good foundation for everything else...

Yeah, I know we're not required to, but it genuinely interests me. I'll head to the library tomorrow after school and see what they've got. I'll probably take a brief look at Donoghue vs. Stevenson, as well.

(Original post by RedDragon)
Well sometimes disturbing would be a better word. We are learning about consent at the moment and a couple of cases we looked at were....well let's just say there are some strange people out there.
I went to an appeal against a rape conviction at the High Court earlier this year. It was the most hilarious thing that I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it.
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

I went to an appeal against a rape conviction at the High Court earlier this year. It was the most hilarious thing that I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it.
Wait I never posted that?:confused: Though I would like to go to the High Court and see some cases.
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wait I never posted that?:confused: Though I would like to go to the High Court and see some cases.
Oh yeah - I copied the wrong bit haha

I'll fix the quote.

EDIT: fixed
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh yeah - I copied the wrong bit haha

I'll fix the quote.

EDIT: fixed
Oh no the cases we had where to do with ABH and GBH. One case was about sado-masochistic homosexuals and the other about a woman wanting her husband to brand his initials on her buttocks. Really have to worry about some people.
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh no the cases we had where to do with ABH and GBH. One case was about sado-masochistic homosexuals and the other about a woman wanting her husband to brand his initials on her buttocks. Really have to worry about some people.
I suppose that cases like that are proof that truth is stranger than fiction, aren't they?
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
I wouldn't read anything before uni tbh, its best to go with a clean slate.
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bump
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bump
What was the point of that?
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What was the point of that?
To bump the thread, of course, bringing it back to the fore.
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
To bump the thread, of course, bringing it back to the fore.
Any interesting legal developments you know about, happened this week.
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Any interesting legal developments you know about, happened this week.
Not that I've noticed, but I've been busy and haven't really kept up with things.
Jessy_123
Report 11 years ago
hey...i have my LNAT coming up next week...has anyone done it??cuz if you have could u please tell me ur past experience???or tell me anything about it please???
thanks =]
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jessy_123)
hey...i have my LNAT coming up next week...has anyone done it??cuz if you have could u please tell me ur past experience???or tell me anything about it please???
thanks =]
But by people telling you, wouldn't that give you an unfair advantage?
sleekchic
Badges: 18
Report 11 years ago
This is totally awesome and for some reason I just found it. How do I join?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (31)
20%
No (124)
80%

Watched Threads