Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    No need to be a patronising...
    There's always a need to be patronising =]

Of course, I know what I'm talking about - I was always one to do the least possible work.

(Original post by RedDragon)
    How are you?
    Tired and depressed.

(Original post by Divide By Zero)
    Awesome smiley.
    Thanks.
    I quite like it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    Tired and depressed.
    :console: Get a good nights sleep, it will pass. Can't have his Lordship being depressed, it just ain't right I tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, I'm up for that.

EDIT: Alright, I'm done.
    Have fun. I am going to do a Lord Hoffman and get involved with Amnesty International. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any suggestions as to which books/cases to read up on before going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any suggestions as to which books/cases to read up on before going to uni?
    As far as i know, you are not required to have any prior knowledge of Law before starting your course...However, if you do want to read something, read about English legal system: the common law, structure of the courts and etc. It should give you a good foundation for everything else...

Reading cases before university is probably not the best idea...you won't understand them as such and it might even put you off...Although I do enjoy reading through a criminal law case once in a while, as it is actually quite interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)

Reading cases before university is probably not the best idea...you won't understand them as such and it might even put you off...Although I do enjoy reading through a criminal law case once in a while, as it is actually quite interesting
    Well sometimes disturbing would be a better word. We are learning about consent at the moment and a couple of cases we looked at were....well let's just say there are some strange people out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    As far as i know, you are not required to have any prior knowledge of Law before starting your course...However, if you do want to read something, read about English legal system: the common law, structure of the courts and etc. It should give you a good foundation for everything else...

Yeah, I know we're not required to, but it genuinely interests me. I'll head to the library tomorrow after school and see what they've got. I'll probably take a brief look at Donoghue vs. Stevenson, as well.

Well sometimes disturbing would be a better word. We are learning about consent at the moment and a couple of cases we looked at were....well let's just say there are some strange people out there.
    I went to an appeal against a rape conviction at the High Court earlier this year. It was the most hilarious thing that I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it.

ReputationRep:

I went to an appeal against a rape conviction at the High Court earlier this year. It was the most hilarious thing that I've ever seen. I loved every minute of it.
    Wait I never posted that?:confused: Though I would like to go to the High Court and see some cases.

ReputationRep:
    Wait I never posted that?:confused: Though I would like to go to the High Court and see some cases.
    Oh yeah - I copied the wrong bit haha

I'll fix the quote.

EDIT: fixed

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah - I copied the wrong bit haha

I'll fix the quote.

EDIT: fixed
    Oh no the cases we had where to do with ABH and GBH. One case was about sado-masochistic homosexuals and the other about a woman wanting her husband to brand his initials on her buttocks. Really have to worry about some people.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no the cases we had where to do with ABH and GBH. One case was about sado-masochistic homosexuals and the other about a woman wanting her husband to brand his initials on her buttocks. Really have to worry about some people.
    I suppose that cases like that are proof that truth is stranger than fiction, aren't they?

I wouldn't read anything before uni tbh, its best to go with a clean slate.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    What was the point of that?

ReputationRep:
    What was the point of that?
    To bump the thread, of course, bringing it back to the fore.

ReputationRep:
    To bump the thread, of course, bringing it back to the fore.
    Any interesting legal developments you know about, happened this week.

ReputationRep:
    Any interesting legal developments you know about, happened this week.
    Not that I've noticed, but I've been busy and haven't really kept up with things.

ReputationRep:
    hey...i have my LNAT coming up next week...has anyone done it??cuz if you have could u please tell me ur past experience???or tell me anything about it please???
    thanks =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessy_123)
    hey...i have my LNAT coming up next week...has anyone done it??cuz if you have could u please tell me ur past experience???or tell me anything about it please???
    thanks =]
    But by people telling you, wouldn't that give you an unfair advantage?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2010

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.