Divide By Zero
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by LegendKiller377)
WELL DONE

I really want a reply from Leicester this week.
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial soliciter

Any feedback would be much appreciated :yep:

Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hibz123)
Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial soliciter

Any feedback would be much appreciated :yep:

Step 1: learn how to spell "solicitor".
Step 2: stop trying to run before you can walk
Step 3: ???
Step 4: profit
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial solicitor

Any feedback would be much appreciated

:yep:
eve_22
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial solicitor

Check the Law Society's website (google it), it has all the information you might need...Also check Lawyer2be online-it has a few good articles on it too...Other then that look up the firms like Slaughter and May, Eversheds, Linklaters etc.-you might find some noteworthy information there too
Divide By Zero
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

Step 1: Change your font colour
Step 2: Get into university
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit
mullings1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
can I join too, I am a mature student who will be studying law at university in sept 2009
mr_qwerty
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The ideology behind this society sounds great. Count me in
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What are the minimum grades for A-levels to study Law at university?

Thanks
eve_22
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What are the minimum grades for A-levels to study Law at university?

Thanks
It depends what universities are you aiming to study at. The A level requirements vary a lot. All of the top ones will usually require a minimum of 3 A's at A level. However, there are some where you can get in to do law with B's and C's. You might want to check UCAS course search and look at the universities you are interested in.
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
It depends what universities are you aiming to study at. The A level requirements vary a lot. All of the top ones will usually require a minimum of 3 A's at A level. However, there are some where you can get in to do law with B's and C's. You might want to check UCAS course search and look at the universities you are interested in.

Thank you
Shayd
Report 11 years ago
Newbie to the Law Society, mature student doing mine with the OU part time as I have 4 little ones to look after whilst the missus is also studying. Not quite sure which route I wish to follow but I am sure the longer I am doing it, something will grab me and I will go down that route.
sparkplug
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Currently writing my mid-term coursework essay for Land Law re Squatter's Rights, Pye case et al. Fricking b**tard of an essay, rather regretting I decided against an english degree now....
forrestgump1083
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi,

Hopefully this is a good palce to post this.

I'm looking for a present for a friend of mine who is a law student.

I don't want to get any academic books, but was wondering if you know of any others that would be of interest to them?
I think she has 'Bewigged and Bewildered' and liked that.
Any other suggestions?

Alternatively, any other ideas for presents associated with law?

I was thinking of tickets to some special law lectures, but can't seem to find any. I know there are often public lectures at different universities, but was hoping there would be a few events/lectures that were slightly different and ticketed. Any ideas?

Or even membership to a certain club/society that would be beneficial to their career?
I thik she has applied for an Inn, are there any other groups/societies that would be good to join?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks
sparkplug
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by forrestgump1083)
Hi,

Hopefully this is a good palce to post this.

I'm looking for a present for a friend of mine who is a law student.

I don't want to get any academic books, but was wondering if you know of any others that would be of interest to them?
I think she has 'Bewigged and Bewildered' and liked that.
Any other suggestions?

Alternatively, any other ideas for presents associated with law?

I was thinking of tickets to some special law lectures, but can't seem to find any. I know there are often public lectures at different universities, but was hoping there would be a few events/lectures that were slightly different and ticketed. Any ideas?

Or even membership to a certain club/society that would be beneficial to their career?
I thik she has applied for an Inn, are there any other groups/societies that would be good to join?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks
Hey.

Not sure about whether you're looking for a present that's specifically educational or career progressing [society membership for example] but here's a great place to get presents for solicitors, barristers etc.

http://www.carbolicsmokeball.com/

It's mostly funny cartoons and the like, but it's good stuff [albeit pretty damn expensive]. Half my family are solicitors and they can't get enough of it!

Also a very famous case btw [just incase you're interested...]

Enjoy.
RedDragon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sparkplug)
Hey.

Not sure about whether you're looking for a present that's specifically educational or career progressing [society membership for example] but here's a great place to get presents for solicitors, barristers etc.

http://www.carbolicsmokeball.com/

It's mostly funny cartoons and the like, but it's good stuff [albeit pretty damn expensive]. Half my family are solicitors and they can't get enough of it!

Also a very famous case btw [just incase you're interested...]

Enjoy.
Speaking of a famous case have you seen the video on youtube about Donoghue v Stevenson? It's funny, if a little disturbing.
sparkplug
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RedDragon)
Speaking of a famous case have you seen the video on youtube about Donoghue v Stevenson? It's funny, if a little disturbing.

I still say she should have just ate the snail and be done with it.....

Link?
RedDragon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWia3GCzyLQ

Enjoy.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I'd like three active members to volunteer themselves to become leader as I'll only be on during the holidays it seems. If anyone is interested please could you quote me instead of PM as I don't accept those any longer.
eve_22
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I'd like three active members to volunteer themselves to become leader as I'll only be on during the holidays it seems. If anyone is interested please could you quote me instead of PM as I don't accept those any longer.
I would be delighted if you would consider me for the position.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads