Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Society - General Interest thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divide By Zero)
    I just got my third offer - Birmingham this time :-)
    WELL DONE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegendKiller377)
    WELL DONE

I really want a reply from Leicester this week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial soliciter

Any feedback would be much appreciated :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial soliciter

Any feedback would be much appreciated :yep:

Step 1: learn how to spell "solicitor".
    Step 2: stop trying to run before you can walk
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: profit

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial solicitor

Any feedback would be much appreciated

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am new to this society and how informative it is. I was wondering if you have some information on commercial law? and what consists of becoming a commercial solicitor

Check the Law Society's website (google it), it has all the information you might need...Also check Lawyer2be online-it has a few good articles on it too...Other then that look up the firms like Slaughter and May, Eversheds, Linklaters etc.-you might find some noteworthy information there too

ReputationRep:

Step 1: Change your font colour
    Step 2: Get into university
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit

ReputationRep:
    can I join too, I am a mature student who will be studying law at university in sept 2009

ReputationRep:
    The ideology behind this society sounds great. Count me in

ReputationRep:
    What are the minimum grades for A-levels to study Law at university?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What are the minimum grades for A-levels to study Law at university?

Thanks
    It depends what universities are you aiming to study at. The A level requirements vary a lot. All of the top ones will usually require a minimum of 3 A's at A level. However, there are some where you can get in to do law with B's and C's. You might want to check UCAS course search and look at the universities you are interested in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    It depends what universities are you aiming to study at. The A level requirements vary a lot. All of the top ones will usually require a minimum of 3 A's at A level. However, there are some where you can get in to do law with B's and C's. You might want to check UCAS course search and look at the universities you are interested in.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Newbie to the Law Society, mature student doing mine with the OU part time as I have 4 little ones to look after whilst the missus is also studying. Not quite sure which route I wish to follow but I am sure the longer I am doing it, something will grab me and I will go down that route.

ReputationRep:
    Currently writing my mid-term coursework essay for Land Law re Squatter's Rights, Pye case et al. Fricking b**tard of an essay, rather regretting I decided against an english degree now....

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Hopefully this is a good palce to post this.

I'm looking for a present for a friend of mine who is a law student.

I don't want to get any academic books, but was wondering if you know of any others that would be of interest to them?
    I think she has 'Bewigged and Bewildered' and liked that.
    Any other suggestions?

Alternatively, any other ideas for presents associated with law?

I was thinking of tickets to some special law lectures, but can't seem to find any. I know there are often public lectures at different universities, but was hoping there would be a few events/lectures that were slightly different and ticketed. Any ideas?

Or even membership to a certain club/society that would be beneficial to their career?
    I thik she has applied for an Inn, are there any other groups/societies that would be good to join?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forrestgump1083)
    Hi,

Hopefully this is a good palce to post this.

I'm looking for a present for a friend of mine who is a law student.

I don't want to get any academic books, but was wondering if you know of any others that would be of interest to them?
    I think she has 'Bewigged and Bewildered' and liked that.
    Any other suggestions?

Alternatively, any other ideas for presents associated with law?

I was thinking of tickets to some special law lectures, but can't seem to find any. I know there are often public lectures at different universities, but was hoping there would be a few events/lectures that were slightly different and ticketed. Any ideas?

Or even membership to a certain club/society that would be beneficial to their career?
    I thik she has applied for an Inn, are there any other groups/societies that would be good to join?

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks
    Hey.

Not sure about whether you're looking for a present that's specifically educational or career progressing [society membership for example] but here's a great place to get presents for solicitors, barristers etc.

http://www.carbolicsmokeball.com/

It's mostly funny cartoons and the like, but it's good stuff [albeit pretty damn expensive]. Half my family are solicitors and they can't get enough of it!

Also a very famous case btw [just incase you're interested...]

Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkplug)
    Hey.

Not sure about whether you're looking for a present that's specifically educational or career progressing [society membership for example] but here's a great place to get presents for solicitors, barristers etc.

http://www.carbolicsmokeball.com/

It's mostly funny cartoons and the like, but it's good stuff [albeit pretty damn expensive]. Half my family are solicitors and they can't get enough of it!

Also a very famous case btw [just incase you're interested...]

Enjoy.
    Speaking of a famous case have you seen the video on youtube about Donoghue v Stevenson? It's funny, if a little disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    Speaking of a famous case have you seen the video on youtube about Donoghue v Stevenson? It's funny, if a little disturbing.

I still say she should have just ate the snail and be done with it.....

Link?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWia3GCzyLQ

Enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like three active members to volunteer themselves to become leader as I'll only be on during the holidays it seems. If anyone is interested please could you quote me instead of PM as I don't accept those any longer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.