Turn on thread page Beta

Law Society - General Interest thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'd like three active members to volunteer themselves to become leader as I'll only be on during the holidays it seems. If anyone is interested please could you quote me instead of PM as I don't accept those any longer.
    I would be delighted if you would consider me for the position.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eve_22)
    I would be delighted if you would consider me for the position.
    Done.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else wish to be leader too? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Anybody else wish to be leader too? :p:
    Me?

ReputationRep:
    Done. Anyone else? Deadline is the 4th of June as I'll be on here sparingly afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    When would be the best time to do Law work experience? BTW I am in year 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    When would be the best time to do Law work experience? BTW I am in year 11
    Any ideas where you want to do the work experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    Any ideas where you want to do the work experience?
    A soliciters office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    A soliciters office.
    Well the best option I think is to just send a letter off to the solicitors office, stating you have an interest in law and a little about yourself etc. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say no. My friend managed to get some work experience in a solicitors office when she had just finished year 11 so I don't think that will be a problem. I'm gathering you are trying to get some experience this summer. Don't know if that helps, I might have missed the point completely, I hope it does.:o:

ReputationRep:
    Well the best option I think is to just send a letter off to the solicitors office, stating you have an interest in law and a little about yourself etc. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say no. My friend managed to get some work experience in a solicitors office when she had just finished year 11 so I don't think that will be a problem. I'm gathering you are trying to get some experience this summer. Don't know if that helps, I might have missed the point completely, I hope it does.:o:
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i was wondering if you would know the easiest route into teaching A-level law. Most sites i've checked don't give out much information and are generic. I have yet to come across one that specifically mentions law as a subject.

All your help is appreciated and thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_S)
    Hey guys, i was wondering if you would know the easiest route into teaching A-level law. Most sites i've checked don't give out much information and are generic. I have yet to come across one that specifically mentions law as a subject.

All your help is appreciated and thanks
    My mum taught A-Level Law, I can ask her if you want. It may be a week or so before I can contact her, as she's in London at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    My mum taught A-Level Law, I can ask her if you want. It may be a week or so before I can contact her, as she's in London at the moment.
    I'd really appreciate that:yep: and thanx for the reply. I was starting to think that nobody was interested:p:
    I've done a bit of research and i know i'd have to do something called a QTLS, which is the teacher training but not sure if i'd have to do law with it; even though i'm due to finish my LLB next summer (hopefully:woo: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_S)
    I'd really appreciate that:yep: and thanx for the reply. I was starting to think that nobody was interested:p:
    I've done a bit of research and i know i'd have to do something called a QTLS, which is the teacher training but not sure if i'd have to do law with it; even though i'm due to finish my LLB next summer (hopefully:woo: )
    Right apologies firstly for the late reply. My mum says that when she first went into teaching she first did her teaching qualification, called the PGCE. I have no idea what it stands for but. You might want to check that however as it has been quite a few years since she qualified. She was also only part time but its a start. I think the fact you have a Law Degree may help. I know its a bit simplified, however I hope it helps you. Good luck with it though.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Could I join this society? I'm not studying law at the moment, but I'm planning to on to study it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by python38)
    May I join? I'm applying to university this autumn to study Law.
    Accepted

ReputationRep:
    hi.... =) can i join this society??
    i am applying law for 2010 =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying A2 at the minute and seriously considering Law. Would like some advice tho on the LNAT as most of the unis i've looked at require it, so if anyone has some advice in how to succeed in it please reply, it'd be much appreciated! =)
    Also any graduated Law students out there, how are you finding employment opportunities in the current economic climate? (all very worrying stuff lol)

(Original post by python38)
    Has anyone on here read "Understanding Law," by Adams & Brownsword? If so, PM me if you want to discuss any of the topics covered; I'm going through the book and find it quite interesting .
    I have. Well am currently reading through it. Got it after I seen lots of positive reviews about it and loads of members all recommending it.

ReputationRep:
    so.....Anyone read any good books recently?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.