NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by eve_22)
I would be delighted if you would consider me for the position.
Done.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Anybody else wish to be leader too? :p:
Hibz123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Anybody else wish to be leader too? :p:
Me?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Done. Anyone else? Deadline is the 4th of June as I'll be on here sparingly afterwards!
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When would be the best time to do Law work experience? BTW I am in year 11
RedDragon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hibz123)
When would be the best time to do Law work experience? BTW I am in year 11
Any ideas where you want to do the work experience?
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RedDragon)
Any ideas where you want to do the work experience?
A soliciters office.
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hibz123)
A soliciters office.
Well the best option I think is to just send a letter off to the solicitors office, stating you have an interest in law and a little about yourself etc. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say no. My friend managed to get some work experience in a solicitors office when she had just finished year 11 so I don't think that will be a problem. I'm gathering you are trying to get some experience this summer. Don't know if that helps, I might have missed the point completely, I hope it does.:o:
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the best option I think is to just send a letter off to the solicitors office, stating you have an interest in law and a little about yourself etc. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say no. My friend managed to get some work experience in a solicitors office when she had just finished year 11 so I don't think that will be a problem. I'm gathering you are trying to get some experience this summer. Don't know if that helps, I might have missed the point completely, I hope it does.:o:
Thank you very much
Lady_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys, i was wondering if you would know the easiest route into teaching A-level law. Most sites i've checked don't give out much information and are generic. I have yet to come across one that specifically mentions law as a subject.

All your help is appreciated and thanks
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady_S)
Hey guys, i was wondering if you would know the easiest route into teaching A-level law. Most sites i've checked don't give out much information and are generic. I have yet to come across one that specifically mentions law as a subject.

All your help is appreciated and thanks
My mum taught A-Level Law, I can ask her if you want. It may be a week or so before I can contact her, as she's in London at the moment.
Lady_S
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My mum taught A-Level Law, I can ask her if you want. It may be a week or so before I can contact her, as she's in London at the moment.
I'd really appreciate that:yep: and thanx for the reply. I was starting to think that nobody was interested:p:
I've done a bit of research and i know i'd have to do something called a QTLS, which is the teacher training but not sure if i'd have to do law with it; even though i'm due to finish my LLB next summer (hopefully:woo: )
RedDragon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lady_S)
I'd really appreciate that:yep: and thanx for the reply. I was starting to think that nobody was interested:p:
I've done a bit of research and i know i'd have to do something called a QTLS, which is the teacher training but not sure if i'd have to do law with it; even though i'm due to finish my LLB next summer (hopefully:woo: )
Right apologies firstly for the late reply. My mum says that when she first went into teaching she first did her teaching qualification, called the PGCE. I have no idea what it stands for but. You might want to check that however as it has been quite a few years since she qualified. She was also only part time but its a start. I think the fact you have a Law Degree may help. I know its a bit simplified, however I hope it helps you. Good luck with it though.:yes:
iron_appendages100
Report 10 years ago
Could I join this society? I'm not studying law at the moment, but I'm planning to on to study it next year.
Hibz123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by python38)
May I join? I'm applying to university this autumn to study Law.
Accepted
chelsh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hi.... =) can i join this society??
i am applying law for 2010 =)
pink_lady
Report 10 years ago
I'm studying A2 at the minute and seriously considering Law. Would like some advice tho on the LNAT as most of the unis i've looked at require it, so if anyone has some advice in how to succeed in it please reply, it'd be much appreciated! =)
Also any graduated Law students out there, how are you finding employment opportunities in the current economic climate? (all very worrying stuff lol)
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by python38)
Has anyone on here read "Understanding Law," by Adams & Brownsword? If so, PM me if you want to discuss any of the topics covered; I'm going through the book and find it quite interesting .
I have. Well am currently reading through it. Got it after I seen lots of positive reviews about it and loads of members all recommending it.
cconstant
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
so.....Anyone read any good books recently?
adamrules247
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How to I join?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (33)
8.35%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (33)
8.35%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (88)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (53)
13.42%
No, nothing has changed (118)
29.87%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
17.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed