Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Society - General Interest thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How to I join?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone recommend a good read for info about Law for a 2010 applicant?

(Original post by A.R.E)
    Try taking a look at this thread. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=607571

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.R.E)
    Letters to a Law student is very readable and has good info!

ReputationRep:
    This society is really inactive, even though I've approved lots of people:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    I've sent a request to join this soc but there seems to be no reply..... is there some other way to join this society??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrister_2000)
    I've sent a request to join this soc but there seems to be no reply..... is there some other way to join this society??:confused:
    I'll accept you now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibz123)
    I'll accept you now
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Can I join too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Can I join too?
    I'll accept you now

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for LLB Law through UCAS (see my sig for details)..so hoping to be a future successful lawyer!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering- has anybody read BabyBarista and the Art of War? Its a nice tongue-in-cheek look at life in the modern Bar. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Can i join? I've applied to study law 2010 and am currently doing A2 law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miazingzan45)
    Can i join? I've applied to study law 2010 and am currently doing A2 law
    Hey! I've applied for LLB Law too! Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    :hi: Hiya!
    Too late to join? :puppyeyes:

I'm hoping to apply to read Law at University and am currently doing my AS's.

This is a year too late but I found "Learning the Law" by Glanville Williams, as a good pre-law read. Secondly, for Jurisprudence I've heard that "The Concept of Law" is good.

ReputationRep:
    Greetings everyone, perhaps you can kindly help me with something. For work I've needed to look up the Disability and Discrimination Act (1995) for my boss. I've found the relevant sections, however I'm a bit confused as to what they mean by 'a body of a prescribed kind' if you want the section number it is s.19(6)(l). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggy07)
    :hi: Hiya!
    Too late to join? :puppyeyes:

I'm hoping to apply to read Law at University and am currently doing my AS's.

This is a year too late but I found "Learning the Law" by Glanville Williams, as a good pre-law read. Secondly, for Jurisprudence I've heard that "The Concept of Law" is good.
    That's a good book, my mum got it for me.:yep: Letters to a Law Student is also a good one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDragon)
    That's a good book, my mum got it for me.:yep: Letters to a Law Student is also a good one.
    Aye. McBride's a pretty cool guy too; least he was reasonably friendly at interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkledust)
    I'll join. Have just finished law at AS and i really enjoy it. I'm hoping to study law at university and go on to be a barrister.
    Brilliant..another fellow future Barrister...Its good that you took an interest in Law at A-Level although most Universities probably wouldn't recommend it...
    So which University do you have in Mind????:rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.