Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR AS Geology - Processes and Products Monday 23rd - Predictions ?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Anyone got any predictions for the years geology processes and products exam??
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNinja98)
    Hi
    Anyone got any predictions for the years geology processes and products exam??
    Thanks
    Magmatic differentiation, Al2SiO polymorphs, contact metamorphism and deep marine basin environments are my predictionsBut lets be honest it could be anything....:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fullofschist)
    Magmatic differentiation, Al2SiO polymorphs, contact metamorphism and deep marine basin environments are my predictionsBut lets be honest it could be anything....:bawling:
    Same, but also Glacial environments and diagenesis

ReputationRep:
    x
    (Original post by fullofschist)
    x
    (Original post by SiânHelen)
    x
    Hi guys! I did this exam in 2014 and got an A in it (plus an A overall for my Geology A Level), and I was wondering if there were any topics for this exam that you need help understanding? I'd be happy to explain anything if you have any last minute queries, and I just thought I'd ask

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    my main struggle is just remembering all the types of rock with descriptions and then the environment graphic logs. Any tips to help remember them ?
    thanks
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hi guys! I did this exam in 2014 and got an A in it (plus an A overall for my Geology A Level), and I was wondering if there were any topics for this exam that you need help understanding? I'd be happy to explain anything if you have any last minute queries, and I just thought I'd ask

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    my main struggle is just remembering all the types of rock with descriptions and then the environment graphic logs. Any tips to help remember them ?
    thanks
    Hello!

For the rock descriptions, I found that writing down a list of which minerals were in each rock helped me to learn them better. Also practice drawing cross sections of each rock (particularly the sedimentary ones), because you might be asked to do that in the exam.

For the graphic logs, I would definitely learn the ones for deltaic sequences and marine evaporite deposits, as I'd say those are the most likely sequences to come up in the exam. Again, practice drawing them out because you might be asked to do that in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok thanks for the help

(Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Hello!

For the rock descriptions, I found that writing down a list of which minerals were in each rock helped me to learn them better. Also practice drawing cross sections of each rock (particularly the sedimentary ones), because you might be asked to do that in the exam.

For the graphic logs, I would definitely learn the ones for deltaic sequences and marine evaporite deposits, as I'd say those are the most likely sequences to come up in the exam. Again, practice drawing them out because you might be asked to do that in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok thanks for the help
    No problem! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody else have any predictions? clastic and non clastic sedimentary rocks?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.