The Student Room Group

im upset.

So, i had an exam today and i thought it went okay and now thinking about it and talking to my friends ive realised that i have got some of the answers wrong, and im really quite upset, like i dont know what to do?
Reply 1
eat
Nothing you can do now. You did what you could and you should be happy with that, and even if you do bad you can always re-sit. Live in the present, not in the future.
Reply 3
Original post by Megan.Rose..
So, i had an exam today and i thought it went okay and now thinking about it and talking to my friends ive realised that i have got some of the answers wrong, and im really quite upset, like i dont know what to do?

Basically forget about it - who knows if you or your friends got it right, you cant change anything. I mean this - it can have a negative effect on the rest of your tests. I recommend some reading aloud to get your minds off things, it helped me.
Reply 4
The exam is done now, nothing to be done, put it out of your mind and get on with the rest of them is my best advice. Everyone has one of those days, just because other people have different answers doesn't mean they're right or if they are that you've messed up the whole paper. It's not a massive problem, I bet you've still done really well, speaking from experience I always get these things up in my head so much and I really would say you gotta try and relax it's in the past now anyway and tying yourself in knots will just make you feel worse
Reply 5
Theres nothing really you can do now I'm sorry if this demoralises you but depending on the exam the mark schemes are usually quite lenient allowing for things such as specific word use to be able to gain a mark. I wouldn't worry to much just focus on getting the best grades you can in the next exam. good luck.
Hey! Don't bog yourself down by stressing out about it, there's nothing you can do now except turn this into motivation for nailing your other exams. If it was a science (chemistry?) exam, you still have 1 or 2 more exams to do which you can ace, to boost your grade up to your target :h:
You never know as well... your friends may be wrong, or the exam board may be fairly lenient in the mark scheme and mark your 'wrong' answer as correct :smile:
I've been in the same position loads of times. Try to remember:

1. Your friends didn't necessarily get it right either. You can never really know how you've done until you get your results. (I've been surprised many times - I thought I'd failed my history GCSE and ended up with an A!)
2. People tend to focus on the bad things, but I'm sure you answered a lot of questions RIGHT as well as answering some wrong. Try to think about the positives instead!
3. To be honest, it isn't even worth thinking about it! Worrying about how you did will have absolutely no effect on your results. What's done is done, don't let it waste any more of your time!
4. If you really did do badly, there's always the option of retaking. Nothing's ever final, there are always second chances and different routes to take.

Hope this makes you feel slightly better! :h:
What they said. Worrying will not do any good and will make you feel worse. Just have your dinner, chill for a bit then get back to your other exams.

Also dont talk to friends post exam, until you have finished everything. You are too sensitive and cna be thrown off by post exam chatter.

Quick Reply

Latest