Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all.

    I'm currently studying at NQ level (in Scotland) and nearing the end of my one year course. I'm currently receiving funding from The Scottish Funding Council which will end in the next few weeks. After that I am hoping to find temporary work during the summer but as of yet have had no replies back from job applications.

    I will be going to college again to do a HND for which I will receive funding from SAAS. I would just like to ask whether I still fall into the category of 'full time student' during summer when my current and next course are not of the same level?

    Will I qualify for job seekers allowance and housing benefit over the summer so that I don't starve to death and get kicked out my flat (I privately rent)?
    • Very Important Poster

    Very Important Poster
    You may apply for JSA as one course has ended officially. The other course has yet to start.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    The above is right. What you can't do is do a 2 (or however many years) year course and claim over the summer, because you're still a student.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.