How can I screw up a simply thing as an e-mail?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi guys,

After all the advice you guys gave me on an e-mail I was writing to several universities, I still manage to screw the bl**dy thing up!

I decided just to do 2 e-mails to the 6 universities to save time, 3 for the one type of course 3 for the other. WHY WHY!!! I thought it would be smart to use BCC for the e-mail addresses...big mistake.

I totally forgot that the people in the BCC box would be able to see the normal To address. I might be predicted ABBC but I'd get an F for common sense.

When I reasiled what I had done, I tested it out on 3 of my e-mails. To my horror I was right.

Moral - Universities deserve more than 5 seconds

AMG - Princess of Avatars

**Winner of the Music Prize for Year 12 Music**
**Winner of the School Music Award for Outstanding Contribtion to Music**
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What do you want?
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's not too bad, you only sent the same email to 3 unis, not 6
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So ?
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Hi guys,

After all the advice you guys gave me on an e-mail I was writing to several universities, I still manage to screw the bl**dy thing up!

I decided just to do 2 e-mails to the 6 universities to save time, 3 for the one type of course 3 for the other. WHY WHY!!! I thought it would be smart to use BCC for the e-mail addresses...big mistake.

I totally forgot that the people in the BCC box would be able to see the normal To address. I might be predicted ABBC but I'd get an F for common sense.

When I reasiled what I had done, I tested it out on 3 of my e-mails. To my horror I was right.

Moral - Universities deserve more than 5 seconds

AMG - Princess of Avatars

**Winner of the Music Prize for Year 12 Music**
**Winner of the School Music Award for Outstanding Contribtion to Music**
why is that a problem? they know you're going to be applying to more than just them, might even make them fight to win you! although more than likely they won't notice.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Doesnt BCC mean blind carbon copy, as in they dont see the other adresses as opposed to CC where they do
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.8%
Confident (30)
12%
Indifferent (42)
16.8%
Unsure (67)
26.8%
Worried (89)
35.6%

Watched Threads