Turn on thread page Beta

How can I screw up a simply thing as an e-mail? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

After all the advice you guys gave me on an e-mail I was writing to several universities, I still manage to screw the bl**dy thing up!

I decided just to do 2 e-mails to the 6 universities to save time, 3 for the one type of course 3 for the other. WHY WHY!!! I thought it would be smart to use BCC for the e-mail addresses...big mistake.

I totally forgot that the people in the BCC box would be able to see the normal To address. I might be predicted ABBC but I'd get an F for common sense.

When I reasiled what I had done, I tested it out on 3 of my e-mails. To my horror I was right.

Moral - Universities deserve more than 5 seconds

AMG - Princess of Avatars

**Winner of the Music Prize for Year 12 Music**
    **Winner of the School Music Award for Outstanding Contribtion to Music**

ReputationRep:
    What do you want?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's not too bad, you only sent the same email to 3 unis, not 6

ReputationRep:
    So ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Hi guys,

After all the advice you guys gave me on an e-mail I was writing to several universities, I still manage to screw the bl**dy thing up!

I decided just to do 2 e-mails to the 6 universities to save time, 3 for the one type of course 3 for the other. WHY WHY!!! I thought it would be smart to use BCC for the e-mail addresses...big mistake.

I totally forgot that the people in the BCC box would be able to see the normal To address. I might be predicted ABBC but I'd get an F for common sense.

When I reasiled what I had done, I tested it out on 3 of my e-mails. To my horror I was right.

Moral - Universities deserve more than 5 seconds

AMG - Princess of Avatars

**Winner of the Music Prize for Year 12 Music**
    **Winner of the School Music Award for Outstanding Contribtion to Music**
    why is that a problem? they know you're going to be applying to more than just them, might even make them fight to win you! although more than likely they won't notice.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt BCC mean blind carbon copy, as in they dont see the other adresses as opposed to CC where they do

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.