The Student Room Group

Aqa law unit 2 *offical thread*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
7.) breach of duty and one risk factor
8.) remoteness in damage
9.) causation and remoteness +application factual about Chris and Dan explain if his £20,000 loss of earnings was too remote and if the interview for a promotion was too remote.
10.) A duty of care can be established using the caparo factors. Explain whether Dan owes Euan a duty of care.
The scenario said something like "Dan gave Euan a homeless man some of his food, he became ill for a short while afterwards"
11) procedure to a negligence claim/trail
12) explain res ispa loquitor and burden and standard of proof (civil)

it was 100% Dan who gave Euan some of his food and NOT Chris. Check with your law tutors Monday and then let me know if I'm wrong 😉
Whoever did contract law, for the question regarding whether there was a contract between Fay and Gareth and Fay and Harry what did everybody say? I said there was a contract with Gareth but not Harry because of a lapse of time due to the fact that she tried to accept 2 months later and I justified it as not reasonable time for the offer to still be valid.. However thinking it's wrong now because it asked what breaches they both would be held for so there must be a contract? and speaking to others, they did say that it was still acceptance. Just wondered what others put?
Reply 182
How many marks do you think I'll get for good application on duty of care and an good explaination but done it for Dan and Chris and not Euan?? So annoyed now
Reply 183
Original post by Haliem
How many marks do you think I'll get for good application on duty of care and an good explaination but done it for Dan and Chris and not Euan?? So annoyed now

Probably 1 mark... You've still applied it :-)
Reply 184
Who's up for making an unofficial mark scheme with me?
Reply 185
Original post by NHM
Probably 1 mark... You've still applied it :-)

One ****ing mark are you kidding me??
Reply 186
Original post by Haliem
One ****ing mark are you kidding me??

Sorry I read your thing wrong! I mean you'll lose probably one mark for doing the wrong application :-) so max you'd get would be 7
Reply 187
For the question of sentencing I think I spoke mostly about Custodial sentence and community sentences and including the aims of them, what kind of mark would I get 3? It was out of 5☺️
What did you guys put for the burden of proof in the criminal law question?
Reply 189
Original post by Haliem
For the question of sentencing I think I spoke mostly about Custodial sentence and community sentences and including the aims of them, what kind of mark would I get 3? It was out of 5☺️

It only asked for aims of sentencing so custodial and community sentences would be irrelevant... Aims are (rehabilitation, deterrence, incapacitation and retribution) I reckon if you talked about aims breifly 2/5?
Reply 190
Oh ok :smile: how do you think the grade boundaries will go?

Higher
Lower
Stay the same as last year??
Reply 191
Original post by qwerty505
What did you guys put for the burden of proof in the criminal law question?

Burden of proof is on the prosecution, who have to prove that D has committed an offence. ( only will be worth 1 mark I should imagine?)
Reply 192
Original post by Haliem
Oh ok :smile: how do you think the grade boundaries will go?

Higher
Lower
Stay the same as last year??

Criminal was easier than last year but tort was much harder... Reckon it will be about the same obviously it depends on how people did nationally :-)
Oh good I put that :smile:
Reply 194
Please rep this post if you want me to make an unofficial mark scheme. I'm up for doing it!
Reply 195
Oh good I put that :smile:

for question 9 damage and remoteness question... Did you go through factual causation and remoteness (again) or did you just do factual causation in detail and then remoteness in brief?
Original post by NHM
for question 9 damage and remoteness question... Did you go through factual causation and remoteness (again) or did you just do factual causation in detail and then remoteness in brief?

I went through both but remoteness was briefer than for question 8 and for factual causation you didn't really need to say much except for a case and the but for test as it was an application question
Reply 197
I went through both but remoteness was briefer than for question 8 and for factual causation you didn't really need to say much except for a case and the but for test as it was an application question

Yeah I went through factual causation.. But for test etc (Barnett)

The remoteness I just simply put what it means (wagon mound) and then applied... I think I talked about thin skull rule too?
Original post by NHM
Yeah I went through factual causation.. But for test etc (Barnett)

The remoteness I just simply put what it means (wagon mound) and then applied... I think I talked about thin skull rule too?

Yeah because they aren't expecting detail in an application question about the cases as much as if it was a definition question.

Do you think messing up the duty of care question will affect my grade much? Considering I seem to have done the rest right and Section A went well?
has anyone got un an official mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest