Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to go into my exam completely unprepared. What verbs/nouns often come up in papers that I should know?

EDIT: I didn't mention my exam my exam board in the heading - I'm doing the Edexcel Spanish Higher Reading

ReputationRep:
    r u doing aqa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty670)
    r u doing aqa?
    No I'm on Edexcel ;((

ReputationRep:
    would say that the best thing to do is just do past papers

ReputationRep:
    scroll to around page 50 in this document, and there's a huge list of words by edexcel themselves that are recommended to know.
    since your exam is tomorrow (im sitting it too, ahhh) you won't be able to learn them all, but focus on ones that aren't cognates, and seem to be harder, as it's likely for you to guess some words during the exam :

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ue_5_Print.pdf

i haven't looked at it myself tbh, but i'm hoping to recall some words I already know (i usually get A's and A*'s on practise papers) - plus, i have a PE exam tomorrow too so i've had no time for Spanish - however, a friend said it's useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyjx)
    scroll to around page 50 in this document, and there's a huge list of words by edexcel themselves that are recommended to know.
    since your exam is tomorrow (im sitting it too, ahhh) you won't be able to learn them all, but focus on ones that aren't cognates, and seem to be harder, as it's likely for you to guess some words during the exam :

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ue_5_Print.pdf

i haven't looked at it myself tbh, but i'm hoping to recall some words I already know (i usually get A's and A*'s on practise papers) - plus, i have a PE exam tomorrow too so i've had no time for Spanish - however, a friend said it's useful.
    Yeah I can definitely see these coming up. Thank you very much!
    Good luck on your exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.