The Student Room Group

Will I be disqualified?

I sat an AS Exam today and I'm worried that I could be disqualified. Basically I had some bad luck this morning getting ready, My commute to college is 40 mins away on the bus so I thought I'd take some notes on the bus to do revision whilst on the way to college. Anyway before I left my house my bag decided to break and the zipper completely broke off and I had no other bag to put my notes in so I took some in my back pocket. Anyway when I got into college I forgot all about them and one of the invigilators must've noticed a bulge in my back pocket and asked about it when I sat down I said what it was and gave it to them then they snapped at me on how I'm not supposed to have them in the exam and how they should be in a bag left at the front, I explained about my bag but he just seemed to ignore me and that was the end of that. At the end of the exam he wanted a word with me and at this point I thought he would've told me that I was disqualified or something but he didn't he just said next time don't do that and that was the end of that. I should've probably asked there and then about if I'll be disqualified but I just wanted to get out by that point being a bit annoyed about it, I explained to him how I obviously wasn't intending to cheat and explained that my bag was broke and that was it, he told me he'd passed the notes onto the exams office and I'm to collect them from there at the end of the day if I want them back but I left it as I won't be needing them now. Will I be okay?
it sounds as if they are not taking any action against you.
You're probably okay. I think they would have told you then and there.
Reply 3
Bloody nice invigilator, most of them seem to get off on the thought of a juicy disqualification.
You were lucky. Youd have had no grounds to complain if he disqualified you. Its your responsibiliy. You could have taken a carrier bag.
Reply 5
By the sounds of things, the notes were seen at the start of the exam, if you were to be disqualified,they wouldn't have let you sit the exam. So i really would not worry about, good luck with the rest of your exams.
Original post by Anonymousanon97
I sat an AS Exam today and I'm worried that I could be disqualified. Basically I had some bad luck this morning getting ready, My commute to college is 40 mins away on the bus so I thought I'd take some notes on the bus to do revision whilst on the way to college. Anyway before I left my house my bag decided to break and the zipper completely broke off and I had no other bag to put my notes in so I took some in my back pocket. Anyway when I got into college I forgot all about them and one of the invigilators must've noticed a bulge in my back pocket and asked about it when I sat down I said what it was and gave it to them then they snapped at me on how I'm not supposed to have them in the exam and how they should be in a bag left at the front, I explained about my bag but he just seemed to ignore me and that was the end of that. At the end of the exam he wanted a word with me and at this point I thought he would've told me that I was disqualified or something but he didn't he just said next time don't do that and that was the end of that. I should've probably asked there and then about if I'll be disqualified but I just wanted to get out by that point being a bit annoyed about it, I explained to him how I obviously wasn't intending to cheat and explained that my bag was broke and that was it, he told me he'd passed the notes onto the exams office and I'm to collect them from there at the end of the day if I want them back but I left it as I won't be needing them now. Will I be okay?

You MAY be disqualified I'm afraid, they don't have to disqualify you there and then as long as they know your seat number or name if they can prove you may have been cheating they will do.

Quick Reply

Latest