Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I'll be starting my training as an adult nurse at KCL in September and I'm really interested in a future career with the RAF.

I've had a look online and can see plenty of info for student nurses who are doing their degree with the RAF/Birmingham uni, but nothing about being a student nurse on a reserve basis - is there such a thing, or would I apply as standard reserve?

Would really appreciate hearing from any nursing/med/healthcare students who are in the RAF!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thtgreeneyedgirl)
    Hello!

I'll be starting my training as an adult nurse at KCL in September and I'm really interested in a future career with the RAF.

I've had a look online and can see plenty of info for student nurses who are doing their degree with the RAF/Birmingham uni, but nothing about being a student nurse on a reserve basis - is there such a thing, or would I apply as standard reserve?

Would really appreciate hearing from any nursing/med/healthcare students who are in the RAF!
    I know that nursing students can join the army reserves, but I've not head much about it for the RAF. I think it might be an idea to pop to a careers office or give the RAF recruitment guys a call and see if they have a similar role fo you. The nearest place to you in London where they train would be RAF Northolt.

ReputationRep:
    4626 does take student nurses as i suspect do the other RAFMS units that are mainly reservists... i'm not sure how clear the 'career pathway' is for civvie student nurses in the reserve forces these days, but in the past it has been rather muddled .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.