Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I and I'm sure many others have the problem of overthinking the exams after they have finished. I am about 8 exams into my IGCSE's and can't stop thinking about my mistakes. Even if a paper went well i get worried by single marks dropped! I just want those straight a*s real bad...

Any tips on putting previous papers in the past (plosive...nice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmg1999)
    I and I'm sure many others have the problem of overthinking the exams after they have finished. I am about 8 exams into my IGCSE's and can't stop thinking about my mistakes. Even if a paper went well i get worried by single marks dropped! I just want those straight a*s real bad...

Any tips on putting previous papers in the past (plosive...nice)
    It's human instinct but the thing you have to do is look at your next exam and the feel good factor of August. As well as this, you cannot change anything in those exams as you have finished it but you can change the number of marks you get in other exams. Good luck, get those A*s

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I know this might not seem useful, but I really do believe that the only way to move past these exams is to accept that there's nothing you can do about them now. The only exams you have the ability to impact are the ones ahead of you, and by wasting time worrying about the little mistakes you're decreasing your chances of straight A*'s in the other exams. If I think about my exams, I'll still cringe at the mistakes I've made, it's just about trying not to think of them at all.

In order to do this, try to occupy yourself with other things; give yourself a few minutes after an exam to contemplate how you feel you did and get all of those thoughts out of the way, then occupy yourself with other revision. Maybe try to think of past mocks and tests as an example - I personally have always come out of mocks thinking I've done badly, only to find that I did far better than I thought. If this is the same for you, use it as a comfort that exactly the same applies to your IGCSEs.

Sorry that's not a miracle cure, but I hope it helps somewhat anyway! Good luck in your exams, you sound really motivated so I'm sure you'll achieve what you want to achieve
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    well theres nothing you can do about it now. i went out of my french knowing i was going to lose 7 marks but the fact that it's over makes me feel relieved. just enjoy yourself because you have all the time to feel nervous when results come in august. if you must, resit!

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot guys - i really appreciate you putting in the time to reply and give advice

very helpful and uplifting stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.