Turn on thread page Beta

UCL subforum watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    TVU graduates - too immersed in miseducation and petty crime to come on this forum.

OU graduates - too busy with their corporate interests or wine & cheese evenings to come on this forum.

UCL graduates - should be granted a subforum on UKL.
    Thats unfair on TVU graduates though. A lot of them are from the local area and can't afford to go to a university further out. I know the place is easy to get into and is probably not the great but its too harsh to brand all TVU graduates like that although if the you go off the stats then a lot of them perhaps shouldn;t be doing a degree and I believe most TVU students are not doing an undergraduate level course, they are doing lesser HE qualifcations.

I just think there are to many subforums on here and its getting hard to keep track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    In terms of GDP? :rolleyes:
    You're making this up....figures please if you're not.
    I suspect UCL graduates contribute alot more to the UK's annual GDP growth rate compared to TVU grads.
    BTW the university subforums arent driven by snobbery (what are you on about, i think you're just saying this because your darling salford isnt there)...it's driven by popularity.
    "But Salford is popular!"

(Sorry for stealing your thunder AT )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Thats unfair on TVU graduates though. A lot of them are from the local area and can't afford to go to a university further out. I know the place is easy to get into and is probably not the great but its too harsh to brand all TVU graduates like that although if the you go off the stats then a lot of them perhaps shouldn;t be doing a degree and I believe most TVU students are not doing an undergraduate level course, they are doing lesser HE qualifcations.

I just think there are to many subforums on here and its getting hard to keep track.
    I know TVU grads who are consultants in law firms and business execs...dont be too quick to judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seana)
    I know TVU grads who are consultants in law firms and business execs...dont be too quick to judge
    Thats what I was saying. There will be a lot of good quality students there who are from the local area and can't afford to go to a better one further away. Have a look at the profile in the Sunday Times, that states that most the qualifcations are not degree level there, although this may be decreasing.

ReputationRep:
    I mean why isn't there one for the open university?
    Thats a good point actually, there should definately be one for the OU.

ReputationRep:
    TVU graduates - too immersed in miseducation and petty crime to come on this forum.

OU graduates - too busy with their corporate interests or wine & cheese evenings to come on this forum.

UCL graduates - should be granted a subforum on UKL.
    So I guess you're going to UCL then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    Perhaps a "University of London" section could be made to include UCL,LSE etc
    I've though this for a while now, especially when you consider that there is an oxbridge sub-forum

ReputationRep:
    I a university of London subforum would be a good idea. Having ones for each depeartment is just silly.

ReputationRep:
    hey i am all for london uni sub-forum!! since i'm going westminster this year,

ReputationRep:
    I a university of London subforum would be a good idea. Having ones for each depeartment is just silly.
    If you mean each uni, then i disagree as a sub-forum for eac UL uni is important as well, however to group all the unis together would just easier for everyone. Although some unis such as RHL, Burnel etc.. have almost no representation in the forum so in addition to the most popular UL unis having their own sub forums maybe there should be a general Uni of London subforum?

ReputationRep:

UCL...should be granted a subforum on UKL.
    That’s silly, why just a UCL sub forum? Then we might as well have several sub forums for other popular London Universities – which frankly would be a bad idea. A university of London sub forum will encompass most of the well renowned colleges in London. After Oxbridge UOL is also regarded as a premier university.

Edit: I agree with Kuz, didn't see your post

No, it's a bad idea. The thought of sharing a subforum with UCL and SOAS students etc...is unbearable.

And imagine Imperial students on there...."Hi, I'm an Imperial student, let's talk about chess baby, let's talk about chess baby, let's talk about all the nerd things, and the geeky things, chess baby, let's talk aboooout chess"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just an LSE guy)
    No, it's a bad idea. The thought of sharing a subforum with UCL and SOAS students etc...is unbearable.
    After a while Gnostic you're rather boring.

ReputationRep:
    And imagine Imperial students on there...."Hi, I'm an Imperial student, let's talk about chess baby, let's talk about chess baby, let's talk about all the nerd things, and the geeky things, chess baby, let's talk aboooout chess"
    lol lol lol
    those nerds from Gimperial definatley need a beating

[joking - no offence edders/kuz etc]

ReputationRep:
    The thought of living in the same country as you is in unbearable to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    hey i am all for london uni sub-forum!! since i'm going westminster this year,
    I didn't think Westminster was part of University of London...?

Maybe I'm wrong.

The thought of living in the same country as you is in unbearable to be honest.
    I was actually beginning to like you (I once owned a 486 DX2-66) - I've even witheld a few jokes about you - but I shall not be so charitable towards you anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)

Maybe I'm wrong.
    No its not apart of University of London, I think it is an ex poly.

(Original post by Hayley...)

Maybe I'm wrong.
    UoL has UCL, SOAS, and Queen Mary, it might as well have another run down college.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.