Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just an LSE guy)
    UoL has UCL, SOAS, and Queen Mary, it might as well have another run down college.
    Why the antipathy towards UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I'm guessing a lot of people on here have been snubbed and rejected by 'em.

ReputationRep:
    If its not LSE Gnostic dosn't like the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mongoose)
    Why do people actually get upset/or bother to take him seriously? He's just a silly little person who's spent far too much time on UKL. Once amusing, now quite dull. He needs to think of new tricks.

(Original post by waiting2smile)
    Why do people actually get upset/or bother to take him seriously? He's just a silly little person who's spent far too much time on UKL.
    Awwwww you wound me Princess, you really do. But I must admit I do spend too much time on UKL. I must stop it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mongoose)
    That wouldn't surprise me for a minute!

(Original post by amazingtrade)
    If its not LSE Gnostic dosn't like the place
    It's as if you have always known me .

That wouldn't surprise me for a minute!
    Why would I even consider applying to UCL? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why would I even consider applying to UCL? :confused:
    (From what I can assimilate from your previous posts) you did law at KCL?
    On current evidence, UCL's law department is equally prestiguous, if not moreso. It receives more applications, has a higher standard offer and is well regarded by the leading firms. Similar things could be said of a lot of their courses, most notably, Economics, History, Medicine, Architecture, Fine Art etc.

Something tells me that your dislike for UCL stems from a negative experience, which may have occurred in the past...

On current evidence, UCL's law department is equally prestiguous, if not moreso. It receives more applications, has a higher standard offer and is well regarded by the leading firms. Similar things could be said of a lot of their courses, most notably, Economics, History, Medicine, Architecture, Fine Art etc.

Something tells me that your dislike for UCL stems from a negative experience, which may have occurred in the past...
    When I applied KCL was ranked number 1 in the Times League Table for law.

ReputationRep:

Or he just went to KCL... The two colleges have a nice rivalry going.

ReputationRep:
    When I applied KCL was ranked number 1 in the Times League Table for law.
    How times change!

Luckily for KCL - form is temporary, whilst class is permanent. UCL will be a classy institution for years to come.

How times change!

Luckily for KCL - form is temporary, whilst class is permanent. UCL will be a classy institution for years to come.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    To the outsider looking in - the rivalry between KCL and UCL is almost as hard to comprehend as the image of Enoch Powell rolling a spliff in the SOAS Union. Which no doubt he did for the duration of his studies. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So is anyone on here actually going to UCL ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackrainbow)
    Funny you should ask that, as from what I can discern - there don't seem to be many people holding offers to UCL or many current students on this forum.

I'm going to apply there next year though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackrainbow)
    Yes there are. Mangomaz and someone else for economics I think. Wings for law, or was she cambridge english? I get confused don't worry. But yeah there are UCL students.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, me included!

I am hopefully off to UCL in September (grades permitting) for law with french law.

I agree that UCL should have a subforum on this website or at least an amalgamated forum for all UoL colleges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam52)
    Yup, me included!

I am hopefully off to UCL in September (grades permitting) for law with french law.

I agree that UCL should have a subforum on this website or at least an amalgamated forum for all UoL colleges.
    Cool! Now I can bombard you with questions, if you'll let me...

What is your offer from UCL?

What were your other uni choices ?

What were your A-level subjects?

What did they ask at interview?

ReputationRep:
    There are quite a few on here holding offers for law at UCL, myself included, and a few current/past UCL law students. I think most UCL students are too busy enjoying life to hang around on here

There is a bias against UCL on these forums - don't get your hopes up too much for a forum!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.