Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UCL subforum watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You DO know that UCL has its own forum. So who cares if it doesnt have a sub section here.. its got a whole forum dedicated to it!

THAT is why there is no subsection, cos theres no need.

Besides if ur gonna chat about UCL and need advice.. would you rather get it from ppl not at UCL or from students and profs actually there NOW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    You DO know that UCL has its own forum. So who cares if it doesnt have a sub section here.. its got a whole forum dedicated to it!

THAT is why there is no subsection, cos theres no need.

Besides if ur gonna chat about UCL and need advice.. would you rather get it from ppl not at UCL or from students and profs actually there NOW.
    Point taken - but Durham, Bristol and countless other institutions have their own forum and a subforum presence on UKL...

ReputationRep:
    When did who has what matter. That just sounds childish. If theres no need... why bother????

If everybody shud get what others get then Bristol and Durham wud TOO have charm and flair.. lol.

Ucl is on a different class.. we dont need to conform to their standards or anything of that sort (im being extreme i know..lol.. tho true.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    When did who has what matter
    Since time began.

ReputationRep:
    Are you about to break into a bed time story

Once upon a time, when time began.. UCL/Durham/Bristol.. blah blah blah rah rah .. in a galaxy far far away. And they lived happily ever after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wings)
    Are you about to break into a bed time story

Once upon a time, when time began.. UCL/Durham/Bristol.. blah blah blah rah rah .. in a galaxy far far away. And they lived happily ever after.
    Haha, actually...my bedtime stories would most likely revolve around Goldilocks and three ghastly bears:

{The Walled Kingdom of UK HE}

[Enter Durham Bear, Imperial Bear and York Bear]

Durham Bear: Someone's been eating my porridge!

Imperial Bear: Someone's been sitting in my chair!

York Bear: Someone's been sleeping in my bed too!

[Enter GoldiUCLks]

GoldiUCLks: Someone should shut the f*ck up, stop eating gruel and buy more than one chair!

- And if you're not going to make proper use of the bed - I will!

[Exeunt]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Haha, actually...my bedtime stories would most likely revolve around Goldilocks and three ghastly bears:

{The Walled Kingdom of UK HE}

[Enter Durham Bear, Imperial Bear and York Bear]

Durham Bear: Someone's been eating my porridge!

Imperial Bear: Someone's been sitting in my chair!

York Bear: Someone's been sleeping in my bed too!

[Enter GoldiUCLks]

GoldiUCLks: Someone should shut the f*ck up, stop eating gruel and buy more than one chair!

- And if you're not going to make proper use of the bed - I will!

[Exeunt]
    Ganz, ganz komisch! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mongoose)
    Ganz, ganz komisch! lol
    Danke sehr viel.

Yes, I do know a lot more German than my Level 2 Year 9 SATS result would suggest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm by no means advocating most of the ******** this 'Gnostic' fellow is speaking. But mobbdeeprob, cut the UCL fanboy attitude and trying to glorify it just because you have aspirations to end up there. Whether you're jesting or not, it's getting kinda tiring. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Furtive)
    I'm by no means advocating most of the ******** this 'Gnostic' fellow is speaking. But mobbdeeprob, cut the UCL fanboy attitude and trying to glorify it just because you have aspirations to end up there. Whether you're jesting or not, it's getting kinda tiring. :rolleyes:
    Another UCL reject speaks...

ReputationRep:
    Another UCL reject speaks...

I haven't applied to UCAS yet. Doubt I can afford London anyhow, but that's another issue.

Take a look at some of your posts on the topic I speak of though and see if you can understand where I'm coming from.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied to UCAS yet. Doubt I can afford London anyhow, but that's another issue.

Take a look at some of your posts on the topic I speak of though and see if you can understand where I'm coming from.
    Are you thinking of applying to Durham?

ReputationRep:
    Are you thinking of applying to Durham?
    No, though I see where you're going but isn't it you that's coming across as the snooty one? Are you in a study at the moment next to your forefathers corpses smoking cuban cigars debating the merits of the "better" higher education institutes? I bet you even move their mouths for them!

ReputationRep:
    No, though I see where you're going but isn't it you that's coming across as the snooty one? Are you in a study at the moment next to your forefathers corpses smoking cuban cigars debating the merits of the "better" higher education institutes? I bet you even move their mouths for them!
    I really want to see your study! It sounds like quite the hive of activity.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to see your study! It sounds like quite the hive of activity.
    It's pretty basic really. a/s/l?

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty basic really. a/s/l?
    I shan't clutter the thread anymore - check your PM.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to be in UCL halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincent gallo)
    Anyone going to be in UCL halls?
    I was tempted to apply for Ramsay, then applied for intercollegiate cos it was cheaper (30-week lease), only to find just after I'd sent of my form that from next year intercollegiate halls are going to be on 40-week contracts

Have you applied for UCL halls?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, what do you guys think the prospect of me getting any accomodation either in Ramsay Hall (or inter-coll), even thought i didn't originally apply for it in May...

Would there be any spare come September, through missing grades or changed minds?

Hoping to read English... grades permitting lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just an LSE guy)
    ....In reality UCL students have a far higher proportion of graduates who enter graduate-level employment than TVU...
    Interesting. And the figures that prove this assertion are where exactly?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.