Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    King's was a very relaxed place to study, I think its one of those places that if you want to do well and succeed there is every opportunity to do so, but there is also the opportunity to waste your time in the union and toss it off.
    A fairly apethetic environment IMO.

There isn't a work hard ethic like there is at say Imperial.
    However, I found that I could work hard on my degree with excellent facilities and teaching etc, while others just tossed it off and flunked or came out with mediocre degrees.

On the whole I really enjoyed my time at King's, but I could'nt do another 5 years there, so i'm now looking forward to my med degree at UCL.

ReputationRep:
    U-U-U-U-U-C-L!

Just have to say, studying in London gives you the best job opportunities... i for one chose it because some of the best medical professors are situated in London as well as some of THE best and well known Hospitals and research departments...

Lets just say we are going to party like it is 1999 during freshers week :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    U-U-U-U-U-C-L!

Just have to say, studying in London gives you the best job opportunities... i for one chose it because some of the best medical professors are situated in London as well as some of THE best and well known Hospitals and research departments...

Lets just say we are going to party like it is 1999 during freshers week :cool:
    Nik P, with all things being well, i'll see you for RFUCMS freshers in September :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I remember when the first university subforums appea*******chester was missing from the list. This caused enough of an outcry that it became quite obvious the demand existed. The current Manchester subforum I feel works very well. It's not busy but it's a place where relevent questions can be asked and answered, and I'm sure come A level results day it will be a hive of activity.

Regards a UCL subforum I can't see any problems... unless there are yet a sufficient number of UCL students to reach a critical mass... I know some people hate the subforum idea but I am a fan.

ReputationRep:
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...217063,00.html

I'm surprised... i thought you said KCL was the best for law...

(Original post by Nik P)
    You'll be at LSE next month?... why go to uni again when you got a "great" degree and a "perfect" job?...
    I want a change of career from the office to the dizzying heights of academia.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.