Grooming tips for fasting: can anyone help. Watch

quasa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know this is a sensitive matter (personally I wish I could anonymise this but I wanted help to clarify) but can you cut your nails and remove hair (shave, wax, thread, pluck etc) whilst you are fasting. I am aware that you are not allowed to let nails / certain body hairs grow for more than 40 days, however my parents have been telling me that I cant touch my nails / remove hair whilst fasting. and considering that I have also been told you cant cutnails / hair at night as well, I am darn confused.

any clarity please (ps who else is fasting in shabaan this weekend)
tomissilly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hello fellow faster,
u shouldn't cut ur nails either my friend.
hope this helps!
see u in the eternal afterlife!
ash92:)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by quasa)
I know this is a sensitive matter (personally I wish I could anonymise this but I wanted help to clarify) but can you cut your nails and remove hair (shave, wax, thread, pluck etc) whilst you are fasting. I am aware that you are not allowed to let nails / certain body hairs grow for more than 40 days, however my parents have been telling me that I cant touch my nails / remove hair whilst fasting. and considering that I have also been told you cant cutnails / hair at night as well, I am darn confused.

any clarity please (ps who else is fasting in shabaan this weekend)
You can maintain hygiene in any manner that is permissible otherwise, islamically, afaik.

The whole not cutting nails at night is unsubstantiated cultural tradition, it has no islamic connotations afaik.
vffgjhkjjljlk
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i too have that problem. its like tangled ships rigging
Ahmad232
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
afaik you can continue to cut the nails and the 'hair' [under armpits etc] as usual, i.e, within 40 days, however not sure whether you was adressing waxing/shaving legs etc, i wouldn't do that in Ramadan as it might be sin
jefrjnjh
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This thread isnt very helpful tbh im gna be creating my own thread very soon as this Islamic thread doesnt really answer peoples questions as it should do and the owners of the threads dont allow no 'debates'. its all bull ****
SafaW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So I'm pretty sure that cutting nails and hair is allowed even when fasting. There isn't any relation between the fast and cutting nails/hair. So you can. And Allah knows best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (16)
13.68%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.24%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.04%
There's nothing they could do (33)
28.21%

Watched Threads