Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello!
    So, before women have their period, they always talk about feeling bloated and craving sugary/salty foods. Just before my period though, I don't feel bloated at all and I just crave food. I'll just eat gross amounts of food without ever getting full for the few days leading up to my period. I'm a healthy weight but I'm worried that I'll start gaining weight because of this every month and the amount of food I consume each time is getting bigger. However, when I weigh myself, I still weight the same. I was just wondering if anyone had these same symptoms/could explain why I get these symptoms and could possibly give me tips on how to curb the cravings? Thank you 😊
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello!
    So, before women have their period, they always talk about feeling bloated and craving sugary/salty foods. Just before my period though, I don't feel bloated at all and I just crave food. I'll just eat gross amounts of food without ever getting full for the few days leading up to my period. I'm a healthy weight but I'm worried that I'll start gaining weight because of this every month and the amount of food I consume each time is getting bigger. However, when I weigh myself, I still weight the same. I was just wondering if anyone had these same symptoms/could explain why I get these symptoms and could possibly give me tips on how to curb the cravings? Thank you 😊
    Have you thought about going on the pill? This can help even out your hormones and reduce PMS symptoms so sort out the problem for you. I can't explain why you get the symptoms from a medical point of view but they're not uncommon I don't think. I guess try and eat more healthy stuff rather than just chocolate or whatever to try and fill yourself up (not saying it has to be all this ), make sure you're getting plenty of iron and things too. The pill could honestly be your best option though so have a look into that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.