Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!! Has anybody got any methods for Spanish tomorrow?? It would be really appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Je ne sais pas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    Je ne sais pas
    go eat a croissant or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UDZ)
    go eat a croissant or something
    Wishing you could speak French, huh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheYearNiner)
    Wishing you could speak French, huh?
    Pfft, yeah right.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty bad at Spanish but manage to get mostly As (sometimes Bs and A*s depending on the grade boundaries) in mocks because of those multiple choice questions. It's just a matter of probability with them. Just listen or look for words you know, eliminate them from the options depending on whether they're negative or positive and guess the answer(s).

For example, there are 5 options and the speaker/text says "I hate cats" but one of the options says "I love cats", cross out the "I love cats" option from the list. Crossing them out helps because you can see what options you're usually left with instead of keeping track in your head, this makes it much clearer to find out the real answer. With the options you're left with, you can just make an educated guess and cross off 1-2 more ussing the same method and depending on the context and other things the speaker/text says which you do understand. Now you're left with 3-2.

From there just pick whichever one you think is right and more often then not you'll get it right since your guess is more than likely to be true because you know the context and similar words that the speaker/ text says. This is also great for the ones where you have to have to pick multiple answers because when you're left with 3 options and you have to pick 2 as the answer, that's 1 mark garunteed. Also, for the ones where you have to translate and write down something, just write something no matter how stupid you think it is, most of the answers for those don't usually make sense anyway. Also, make sure to listen for positives and negatives, they always try to trick you with those but don't get carried away either because they also use reverse psychology and try to make you think they're tricking you (or I'm just ****in' stupid).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this will apply to your exam board (mine is OCR) but in the reading paper the questions they ask you are often linked to 1 main word (often a verb) so if you know your vocal well and basic verbs the paper should go well for you

Best of luck
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Watch out for when they try to catch you out. Doing my AQA Spanish listening and reading today too but not sweating it because this is like, the only exam im not worried for! In some multiple choice questions in the listening, they will say all of the options. You have to try and translate literally (dont worry they speak quite slowly) and read the question properly.
    For example, in the June 2014 paper (we did it as a mock), the first question was on a party and asked what Rosa's sister did, the music, the cake or the invites? The speaker said "mi madre va a hacer los invitaciones, y mi hermana hará el pastel. Yo soy organizar la musica". It mentioned all of the options, and talked about Rosa last, so you forget that the question asked for not Rosa, but her sister.
    As long as you know your basics, and read the question properly, you'll be fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.