Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Okay, so I'm in a bit of pickle here

My brother is aged 24 and lives at home (alongside my parents and my other siblings) and earns, is he classified as a child dependent?

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Feraligatr)

My brother is aged 24 and lives at home (alongside my parents and my other siblings) and earns, is he classified as a child dependent?

No - if he's over 18 and not in full time education then he isn't a dependent and his income isn't counted in the household contribution calculation

ReputationRep:
    Hi need help on this question so I'm the students mum and I have 2 children in high school do I put them down and what do I put for income for year ?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Feraligatr)

Hi,

Your brother would not be classed as a child dependent on these grounds.

Thanks,

Mark
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by KellyRobb)
    Hi need help on this question so I'm the students mum and I have 2 children in high school do I put them down and what do I put for income for year ?
    Hi Kelly,

In regards to your child dependents you can declare income for example if they receive interest from savings or investments, and maintenance payments. However this is not required if they are under the age of 18 to be declared.

Thanks,

Mark

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.