Opinions on Dr Challoner's High School Sixth Form??

Watch
fashionlover511
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was recently offered a place at Dr Challoner's for Sixth Form and want to know if anyone on TSR knows what it's like to join dchs at year 12 instead of year 7 and if the girls are friendly towards newbies?!
Thank you
xxx
niamh51
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, well I've been at Challoner's since year 7, so I can't exactly say what its like to join in year 12 instead of year 7, but really everyone is really lovely and tries to make the new girls feel welcome I don't know if you know this, but a my year(just finished yr 13) were the first group to have this 'vertical tutoring' thing (basically you have forms made of 1/2 yr 12's, and 1/2 yr 13's) so there will be plenty of girls in your form who were new last year!

In my form there were probably around 6/7 new girls, and we chatted and made friends really quickly, we actually had some time on the first day where we all sat around and introduced ourselves-don't be scared to start up conversations!

Hope this helps, and good luck next year! xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads