Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Relationships and Mental Health: #RelationshipsResolution
    Mental Health Awareness Week 2016

Relationships are really important in life. Whether it be the relationship between you and your best friend, or the relationship between you and your significant other. The Mental Health Foundation claims that strong, functional relationships allow us to develop better self-confidence, stress management and gives us better resilience to change.

TSR is running a campaign all of this week for Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 to promote and inform others of the state of mental health and to try and reduce the stigmas associated with mental health.

The main focus of Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 this year was Relationships. This doesn't just mean relationships between you and your significant other. It could mean a relationship between a friend, your parents, anyone! One thing we'd like to get you to do is share your #RelationshipsResolution with TSR. What are you going to do to benefit the relationships you maintain? How are you going to better yourself and the other person? Kind of like a New Years Resolution, but for mental health! :woo:

The Mental Health Foundation organise MHAW every year. If you would like to officially submit your #RelationshipsResolution with them, do that here!

So, tell us… what's your #RelationshipsResolution? Putting down your phone whilst talking to friends? Helping around the house more for your parents? Post below! :fan:

Spoiler:
    Show
    For me, I'm going to be more considerate towards my mum. She does more for me than I realise and she deserves far more than I currently give her in return. :sadnod: I also want to see my nan more often. God, I love my nan :love:

You can post anonymously here.

We've held various events and wrote about lots of different themes throughout this week. Take a look here!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Continue to try and be a good team player between me and my significant other (I do need to try a little harder with washing dishes but otherwise we re a good team).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Continue to try and be a good team player between me and my significant other (I do need to try a little harder with washing dishes but otherwise we re a good team).
    Hahahaha I hate washing dishes too! Best of luck Claire! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    For me its to accept help from those around me, especially my partner and mum. They do a lot for me and I often don't see it because I am too busy trying to deal with things on my own and trying not to be a burden to them even when I know I'm not. They know whats wrong with me and how I deal with things and they still stand by me through every hurdle and I need to realise not only how lucky I am but also that its ok to accept help, you don't have to climb every mountain on your own. I love them both to the moon and back :love:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    For me its to accept help from those around me, especially my partner and mum. They do a lot for me and I often don't see it because I am too busy trying to deal with things on my own and trying not to be a burden to them even when I know I'm not. They know whats wrong with me and how I deal with things and they still stand by me through every hurdle and I need to realise not only how lucky I am but also that its ok to accept help, you don't have to climb every mountain on your own. I love them both to the moon and back :love:
    This is such a good one! :hugs: I always find myself pushing mum away and trying to deal with things on my own, I never really think about how that must make her feel. :yes:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    To try and make life easier for my mum as well and not take her for granted.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    To try and make life easier for my mum as well and not take her for granted.
    Always a good resolution we should do more for our mums :giggle: I went and did all of the kitchen and living room just now :dumbells:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Always a good resolution we should do more for our mums :giggle: I went and did all of the kitchen and living room just now :dumbells:
    Good job I am sure that they appreciate that.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Don't all rush at once. There's plenty of room for everyone!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Mine is to try and allow family members to help, rather than shutting them out or biting their heads off

I'm good at being honest and open with friends, but less so with family

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To make time for other people, and be there for them, not just when they need me to be.And to be more open without being selfish
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    To make time for other people, and be there for them, not just when they need me to be.And to be more open without being selfish
    :hugs: these sound like very good resolutions!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.