Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Braces in Uni watch

Announcements

(Not sure if this is the right board but here we go.)
    So I found out that I may need braces, (my jaw is messed up) and they likely wouldn't be off by the time I go to uni. I'm scared about how this will make me look, has anyone had any experience with this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    (Not sure if this is the right board but here we go.)
    So I found out that I may need braces, (my jaw is messed up) and they likely wouldn't be off by the time I go to uni. I'm scared about how this will make me look, has anyone had any experience with this?
    Ive had braces in secondary school, and I totally understand that you would feel like ur the odd one out, but not to worry as braces is actually the trend that is going around, and tbh no one really cares if you have braces on or off

ReputationRep:
    I had braces in my late teens & I remember being so embarrassed about it, but I can honestly say from experience it is SO worth it for the final outcome.
    It sounds like I had a similar issue to you - turns out my jaw wasn't right. If I didn't have treatment I would probably need a big operation on my jaw later in life, so I had braces.
    When I think back it just wasn't something worth being embarrassed about, people don't notice & it's only a big deal if you make it so in your head.
    When you get them off it is the best feeling & makes it all completely worth it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.