The Student Room Group

Edexcel French, Unit 4, 14th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by beachelsea
photo (2).JPG

hey everyone, my teacher just sent me a marked copy of the translation!

There are some things I'm not sure about there.

For 'we shall have a coffee' I put 'nous allons prendre' as I thought it was more of an immediate future, then 'du cafe' because it seemed to me that they were having SOME coffee rather than literally sharing one coffee.

Would the examiner accept this?

Then 'the things we have bought was 'les choses que nous avons achetees (+accent)' right? Because it's a direct object?
Original post by elen90
There are some things I'm not sure about there.

For 'we shall have a coffee' I put 'nous allons prendre' as I thought it was more of an immediate future, then 'du cafe' because it seemed to me that they were having SOME coffee rather than literally sharing one coffee.

Would the examiner accept this?

Then 'the things we have bought was 'les choses que nous avons achetees (+accent)' right? Because it's a direct object?

I did the same for the direct object so I hope you're right!
Reply 82
my friend spoke about Vinz and Hubert too. My teacher said she should get some marks...
Translation was okay, I forgot some of the vocab :l
Original post by Faz6
my friend spoke about Vinz and Hubert too. My teacher said she should get some marks...
Translation was okay, I forgot some of the vocab :l

When you say some marks, do you mean that she might be restricted to a certain band? because I wrote about them too and I'm soo terrified that the answer won't be accepted! :-( This was the one subject I wanted a high grade in :frown:
I talked about Samir and the 3 policiers en civil who torture Said and Hubert classing them as 'one' character.... I've been so worried I'll get penalised for choosing 3 people and putting them as one, rather than just 2 characters... I could've just chosen the dude who took Hubert's drugs away darn
(edited 7 years ago)
I talked about Samir and the three police officers in Paris as well, but what I did was talk mainly about the new guy who didn't torture them and instead shook his hand, and I said how he was important because his behaviour showed a contrast between that of the other two. I don't know how that essay was though, I feel like I lost out on some easy language marks because I was so busy trying to deal with the question :frown:
This paper was a joke. I got a C in it whereas I got an A in both units last year and an A* this year in the speaking. It meant I was overall only 1 UMS away from an A :frown:
Original post by senpaipoppy
This paper was a joke. I got a C in it whereas I got an A in both units last year and an A* this year in the speaking. It meant I was overall only 1 UMS away from an A :frown:

Yeah, me too. Got AAA* in units 1,2,3 and then for some reason a D in this paper. Ended up with a B overall.
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Yeah, me too. Got AAA* in units 1,2,3 and then for some reason a D in this paper. Ended up with a B overall.

That's pretty much the same story for me. I just find it so disappointing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending