Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've checked the unofficial mark scheme for C1 and i failed so badly, idk how and why but i've got around 45 marks which is most likely a D.

I wanted to know what do i need to get in C2 and S1 to secure myself a B and if next year at A2 if its still possible to get a A overall?

ReputationRep:
    You can stiII get an get A

but you'd need to secure 98 or higher in both papers which is about 73 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yunique)
    You can stiII get an get A

but you'd need to secure 98 or higher in both papers which is about 73 marks
    Lol i meant A next year for A2 maths because i heard A2 and AS get averaged out to produce a final grade. Also what do i need to get a B in overall in AS with a D for C1 currently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProKi)
    I've checked the unofficial mark scheme for C1 and i failed so badly, idk how and why but i've got around 45 marks which is most likely a D.

I wanted to know what do i need to get in C2 and S1 to secure myself a B and if next year at A2 if its still possible to get a A overall?
    Your A level grade is determined by adding together your ums score from each of the six exams. You need a total UMS of 420 out of 600 for a B, 480 for an A. For AS you need 240 for A and 210 for a B. Each paper is worth a potential 100 UMS and, while grade boundaries vary from year to year and unit to unit, the ums gained roughly equates to your percentage score. The better mark you get in C2 and S1 the easier it will be to achieve a good overall grade. You should plan to resit C1 next year.

You need to work out why your C1 performance was so modest to determine what you need to do and what outcome is realistic. Either you prepared inappropriately for the exam and need to modify your study and exam preparation or your aptitude for maths is not as good as it would need to be to achieve the highest grades next year and you need more help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.