Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 scapha peircings done 6 months ago by a proper peircer (did it with needle rather than gun) and they still haven't healed properly! I clean them regularly with boiled salty water with a Cotten bud, they've stopped producing goo but there's sometimes crusty bits. There have been a couple blisters in the last 3 months but I popped and cleaned them. They are still really sore, some days better than others. Anyone know what I can do to get them to heal fully? I thought about changing the peircings but was worried it would hurt even more? Thoughts??
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it may be the studs you have in?

Do you touch them a lot?

Are you using table salt?

My advice would be to change the studs, stop touching them a lot (if you do). Sea salt is the best salt to use for piercings and I wouldn't clean them regularly or daily if you do, maybe every other day at the most.

Have you been back to the place you had them done to ask for advice?

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't be the studs because there stainless steel but I thought something new would make a difference? I only touch them when cleaning them and yeh I use table salt. I haven't been back to the shop since I got them, do you think I should get the piercer to have another look at them? There's nothing too look at its just painful?

ReputationRep:
    First of all next time you get blisters leave them alone they aren't blisters, it's your ears trying to heal. Second since they've stopped producing goo stop cleaning with salty water, from now on give them a quick clean in the shower. Third it can take up to 12 months for a cartilage piercing to heal. Try not to worry too much they should heal if you give them a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhia_w)
    I got 2 scapha peircings done 6 months ago by a proper peircer (did it with needle rather than gun) and they still haven't healed properly! I clean them regularly with boiled salty water with a Cotten bud, they've stopped producing goo but there's sometimes crusty bits. There have been a couple blisters in the last 3 months but I popped and cleaned them. They are still really sore, some days better than others. Anyone know what I can do to get them to heal fully? I thought about changing the peircings but was worried it would hurt even more? Thoughts??
    use non iodised rock sea salt, not table salt

clean twice a day and dont skip it

go back to the piercer and get the studs changed, they could be sore due to being too short so the swelling cant calm down enough

ReputationRep:
    I had my scaffold bar done a couple of years ago and it took a whole year to heal properly - it's because of where they are plus hair. I thought they'd never heal but the did so just keep looking after them as you are.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.