Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering...I'm in third year at Derby uni and feel I haven't really done my best, have already failed one thing, I can retake it but I know I'm only gonna end up with a third overall (which is still great as its a pass), but I know I can do better.

Does anyone know if you can retake a uni year even if technically you have passed, or do I have to drop out before I get my grade back?

Also if I can retake, are students already at the uni easily able to retke that year easily the following year or would I have had to re-apply???

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derby301913)
    Just wondering...I'm in third year at Derby uni and feel I haven't really done my best, have already failed one thing, I can retake it but I know I'm only gonna end up with a third overall (which is still great as its a pass), but I know I can do better.

Does anyone know if you can retake a uni year even if technically you have passed, or do I have to drop out before I get my grade back?

Also if I can retake, are students already at the uni easily able to retke that year easily the following year or would I have had to re-apply???

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. xx
    You would really need to speak to your personal tutor/someone from your course.

I'll be joining Derby to retake from 2nd year but completed 1st year and started 2nd year at another uni. I had to do the whole UCAS application again though. And I think they only let you re-sit depending on circumstances? Though not sure think it just depends on the uni's rules.

Will you end up with a 3rd overall or just in that module? Unless you have a valid reason they will just assume you were being lazy or something like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.