Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I get intense anxiety attacks when doing presentations, in fact i cant even do them because of the attacks. It's not just that im shy or embarrassed, and just simply don't want to do them, i literally CANT. People tend to not understand and say "just focus on the back wall" or "do breathing techniques beforehand". It's not that simple.
    It's not just with big groups either, it's reciting anything out loud, in front of anyone I'm not familiar with!
    I'm hoping to do diagnostic radiography at uni next September, my main choices are Portsmouth, UWE Bristol and Canterbury Christ Church.
    It says on the websites that presentations are included in the assessments.
    If i couldn't do them would i get kicked off the course?
    Would it be possible to be excused from them if i get my doctor or therapist to write a letter?

ReputationRep:
    Two things;

1. Numbing drugs
    2. Sleep deprivation

Will make you fly during a presentation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Two things;

1. Numbing drugs
    2. Sleep deprivation

Will make you fly during a presentation

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they wont

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DancingOnTheSand)
    I get intense anxiety attacks when doing presentations, in fact i cant even do them because of the attacks. It's not just that im shy or embarrassed, and just simply don't want to do them, i literally CANT. People tend to not understand and say "just focus on the back wall" or "do breathing techniques beforehand". It's not that simple.
    It's not just with big groups either, it's reciting anything out loud, in front of anyone I'm not familiar with!
    I'm hoping to do diagnostic radiography at uni next September, my main choices are Portsmouth, UWE Bristol and Canterbury Christ Church.
    Would it be possible to be excused from them if i get my doctor or therapist to write a letter?
    First thing to note is that you won't get kicked off the course for not doing presentations and the second is that it's not guaranteed that you will have to do presentations and may depend on the modules you take (some may have presentations and others not). I'd contact the universities to see what their policies are and how presentations fit into assessment because it may end up not featuring in your course if you select certain modules and avoid others (if that is how the course works - I'm not an expert on courses in this discipline). Alternatively, there may be an option to give the presentation just to the assessor or to record it on your own and then the assessor to watch it. There are options and solutions, so for now, don't worry and just get some more info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    First thing to note is that you won't get kicked off the course for not doing presentations and the second is that it's not guaranteed that you will have to do presentations and may depend on the modules you take (some may have presentations and others not). I'd contact the universities to see what their policies are and how presentations fit into assessment because it may end up not featuring in your course if you select certain modules and avoid others (if that is how the course works - I'm not an expert on courses in this discipline). Alternatively, there may be an option to give the presentation just to the assessor or to record it on your own and then the assessor to watch it. There are options and solutions, so for now, don't worry and just get some more info.
    Thank you, that was very helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancingOnTheSand)
    Ask your doctor for diazepam or a similar drug.

They aren't a long term solution for your problem (that's counselling which is provided for free at all universities) but it is an extremely effective short term solution

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.