Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone please calwhat my current grade is and what my results need to be for a 1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    YEAR TWO: 67.8333 total

I already know the results for two of my modules.

YEAR 3:

Module 1: final grade 63.5/64(20 credits)

Module 2: final grade 76.8/77 (20 credits) -

(I read the uni marking criteria and .5 grades are rounded up apparantly)

Module 3: partial result 64.5 - 30% of grade, awaiting 70% exam result (20 credits)

Module 4: partial result 55 - 30% of grade, awaiting 70% exam result (20 credits)

Module 5: dissertation - awaiting results (40 credits).

My year 2 and 3 weighting is 1:2

EDIT: Sorry typo in title. Auto correct.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ozzy12)
    YEAR TWO: 67.8333 total

I already know the results for two of my modules.

YEAR 3:

Module 1: final grade 63.5/64(20 credits)

Module 2: final grade 76.8/77 (20 credits) -

(I read the uni marking criteria and .5 grades are rounded up apparantly)

Module 3: partial result 64.5 - 30% of grade, awaiting 70% exam result (20 credits)

Module 4: partial result 55 - 30% of grade, awaiting 70% exam result (20 credits)

Module 5: dissertation - awaiting results (40 credits).

My year 2 and 3 weighting is 1:2

EDIT: Sorry typo in title. Auto correct.
    See the attached - I've splite modules 3 and 4 into 2 parts (one each for the complete section and one each for the outstanding exams).

I've put in the sort of grades you need from your dissertation and the exams from Module 3&4 but you can play about with those to see what affect it has on your overall percentage.

Check your course handbook to see if there are any other rules around classifications - some universities will have a verbal viva if you're within a certain percentage of a grade boundary, others will bump up anyone within a percent of the boundary, some will insist that you have a certain number of credits above a grade boundary to get a certain classification.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx Degreeclassificationscalc.xlsx (11.4 KB, 55 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    See the attached - I've splite modules 3 and 4 into 2 parts (one each for the complete section and one each for the outstanding exams).

I've put in the sort of grades you need from your dissertation and the exams from Module 3&4 but you can play about with those to see what affect it has on your overall percentage.

Check your course handbook to see if there are any other rules around classifications - some universities will have a verbal viva if you're within a certain percentage of a grade boundary, others will bump up anyone within a percent of the boundary, some will insist that you have a certain number of credits above a grade boundary to get a certain classification.
    Thank you so much man! This was really helpful I owe you big time!

Edit: you put 67 for module 2 instead of 77 but its okay, I changed it. But again, thank you so much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.