Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    really like my flat mates but i think if i live with them in 2nd year they will be a big distraction for me as i am easily distracted. First year has consisted of me going out multiple times a week and i don't want to be living that same lifestyle next year. really not sure how to tell them as they have become great friends of mine and don't want to upset them but i do need to focus on myself more next year. HELP ME PLS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryj324)
    really like my flat mates but i think if i live with them in 2nd year they will be a big distraction for me as i am easily distracted. First year has consisted of me going out multiple times a week and i don't want to be living that same lifestyle next year. really not sure how to tell them as they have become great friends of mine and don't want to upset them but i do need to focus on myself more next year. HELP ME PLS
    In my opinion you should still live with them next year. Maybe they will buckle down for second year anyway? Alternatively, if you feel you aren't getting as much work done as you would like, then you should organise yourself and set targets (ie don't go out during the days leading up to a deadline/exam or write up lecture notes during the week and only go out at weekends). If they are good friends and understand studying is important to you they shouldn't mind you not going out with them multiple times a week!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above poster, and I'd also like to add that even if you lived somewhere else you're probably still going to get distracted. It's more about self control in my opinion. I personally find that planning what you're going to revise and when you're going to have it done by works best. Break down tasks into smaller tasks and set a deadline that is manageable. Don't go out until you've completed the work for each day. But it's not the end of the world if you do end up going out and completing work late. Have one day a week where you complete any of the bits you didn't get done during the week and strictly make sure you do not go out on that day UNLESS you have completed all the work.
    Hope this makes sense I've just come back from an exam and I honestly can't think straight right now so apologies if any of this doesn't make sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.