Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i know what you mean. i have a couple of friends that are like sisters to me...but some things i cant even tell them.
    i think it's important to have these type of people though as it is so different talking to family.
    One thing I was thinking about is just phoning up samaritans and telling them, simply to actually tell someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    One thing I was thinking about is just phoning up samaritans and telling them, simply to actually tell someone.
    i understand what you mean. the whole situation seems different telling someone that isnt part of your everyday life. i think you should go for it if you feel that strongly

ReputationRep:
    Hehe...I've convinced my two closest friends in the world to join ukl (though they're not exactly very active members): Sabalotz and Darling despot....both super cool people who I love to bits!

ReputationRep:
    i understand what you mean. the whole situation seems different telling someone that isnt part of your everyday life. i think you should go for it if you feel that strongly
    Well, it means that you have told someone, so you aren't bottling up inside, and you have no consequences to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it means that you have told someone, so you aren't bottling up inside, and you have no consequences to deal with.

yes, and the fact that you have told someone that doesnt know you will mean that they wont judge you in anyway...these people esp wont judge you, whereas friends and family will. go for it

ReputationRep:
    yes, and the fact that you have told someone that doesnt know you will mean that they wont judge you in anyway...these people esp wont judge you, whereas friends and family will. go for it
    Yep, and since all samaratan voulenteers have taken a confidentiality pact, it will not get out.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, and since all samaratan voulenteers have taken a confidentiality pact, it will not get out.

i think this is convincing you more and more which is great. call them up and pm me to say how it went...although i doubt you will have anything to worry about.
    neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    i think this is convincing you more and more which is great. call them up and pm me to say how it went...although i doubt you will have anything to worry about.
    neha
    xxxx
    I will do later, I can't right now, loads of people in room, but I will later.

ReputationRep:
    I will do later, I can't right now, loads of people in room, but I will later.
    ok, let me know how it went. you'll be fine

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any really close friends who you can share almost anything with and you completely trust each other?
    yup

ReputationRep:
    There are 2 people in the world who I would trust with anything and one of them is myself.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any really close friends who you can share almost anything with and you completely trust each other?
    Yes I do, thankfully

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I do and I truly feel sorry for someone that doesn't; you're missing out on alot.

IMO friends are the most important thing in life by a mile. Money, your job, etc. really doesn't matter too much when you've got some great mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben3085)
    Yes, I do and I truly feel sorry for someone that doesn't; you're missing out on alot.

IMO friends are the most important thing in life by a mile. Money, your job, etc. really doesn't matter too much when you've got some great mates.
    Family is more important to me though

ReputationRep:
    I have one very close friend and we share everything

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    i dont really have any friends i would completley trust. theyre good friends but i just dont honestly trust them

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend knows everything and one other person. It take a lot of effort being someone you're not.

ReputationRep:
    Yup - my boyfriend - who was my best friend before he became my OH anyway - from day one I have felt totally at ease with him and vice versa.

My other close friends - I would tell them most things, I'm not that bothered really - but I wouldn't tell them everything about me because of the people they are eg. one girl is lovely, but she isn't the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to being sensitive about some things so I wouldn't tell her some stuff just because I know she wouldn't really get it.

ReputationRep:
    Here I would have to pay tribute to Sire, there is nothing we cant talk about and nothing he doesnt know about me. He is truly one of a kind ) the friend that many would wish for.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.