Turn on thread page Beta

work experience for civil service watch

    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently doing my GCSEs but ultimately i want to join the diplomatic fast stream. I'd like to do some work experience this summer or something but i'm not really sure what will benefit me? My parents work in finance/accountancy etc and have professional contacts so we can find people... but what should i look for?

    Try contacting your local MP and working in their office for a few weeks. It's relevant experience and unlike a lot of government departments MPs should be quite happy to offer work experience. I did it when I was 16 and it was a great experience.
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.