Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys
    I am doing MSc in cyber security in Bournemouth but i am not having a good time and the course is very poor plus poor management
    do you think i can transfer to any other uni?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is it a 1-year full-time course which you started in October? If so I doubt any universities would accept a student transferring in with such little time left on the course. Can't you just grin and bear it - it's only 4 more months and that will pass in a flash.

Have you spoken to your tutors, class rep(s), student union etc about your concerns? I suspect that would almost certainly be a much more productive route rather than considering a transfer at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Is it a 1-year full-time course which you started in October? If so I doubt any universities would accept a student transferring in with such little time left on the course. Can't you just grin and bear it - it's only 4 more months and that will pass in a flash.

Have you spoken to your tutors, class rep(s), student union etc about your concerns? I suspect that would almost certainly be a much more productive route rather than considering a transfer at this stage.
    thanks for your reply
    yes I did talk to every body and until nothing is clear
    I don't really feel happy with the course which it has affected my marks too
    I have meeting on Monday with Student Union adviser
    I will ask him this q too

ReputationRep:
    Hey Khaled!

If I were you I would go and speak to a course leader and also have a chat with SUBU advice! You can find their contact details on the SUBU webpage and ultimately they have YOUR best interests at heart!

This may reassure you but I think most students go through a phase where they want to change uni's - just keep in mind what you will gain from your time at uni!

Hope this has helped! Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khaled_2010)
    thanks for your reply
    yes I did talk to every body and until nothing is clear
    I don't really feel happy with the course which it has affected my marks too
    I have meeting on Monday with Student Union adviser
    I will ask him this q too
    At this point on most taught Masters courses, you only have your dissertation/independent research project left to do. Any results from your complete taught modules are very unlikely to be transferrable - essentially you would be asking your new uni to award you a Masters two-thirds of which you had studied/passed elsewhere.

I feel that you should focus on completing where you are and not get distracted. The parts of the course with which you were dissatisfied, have finished.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.