Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Smoking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The individual has the right not to inflict me with lung cancer due to a ridiculous addiction they CHOSE to inflict on themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    The individual has the right not to inflict me with lung cancer due to a ridiculous addiction they CHOSE to inflict on themselves.
    I thinkthat sentence came out wrong You should rescramble it a little to get:

The individual does not have the right....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    These analogies are getting rather out of hand.
    Like motorists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    Like motorists!
    I can agree with that one (i dont use a car).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Machine)
    I love havin a fag.....and will never give it up!

When it comes to the choice (and it will if you keep smoking) between having a fag or grabbing that oxygen mask to keep breathing will you still say the same?

ReputationRep:
    Substitute "drive" for "smoke"...As a friend says: you stop driving and I'll stop smoking.
    With advancing technology the analogy of car fumes inflicting carcinogens on peoples' lung is becoming obsolete. The fumes of **** will always inflict carcinogens on peoples' lung, as much of the toxicity comes from the addictive components.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    With advancing technology the analogy of car fumes inflicting carcinogens on peoples' lung is becoming obsolete. The fumes of **** will always inflict carcinogens on peoples' lung, as much of the toxicity comes from the addictive components.
    Perhaps: but motor cars are lethal enough to other people without the fumes. The toxicity comes from having comfortable, well-protected fools in close proximity to everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps: but motor cars are lethal enough to other people without the fumes. The toxicity comes from having comfortable, well-protected fools in close proximity to everyone else.
    I'm not sure I've got the gist of your quote but if I have my response is "I can sit in a pub without being run over by a car, but I can't sit in a pub and not breathe in noxious, injurious fumes.

That's the big difference as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    I'm not sure I've got the gist of your quote but if I have my response is "I can sit in a pub without being run over by a car, but I can't sit in a pub and not breathe in noxious, injurious fumes.

That's the big difference as far as I'm concerned.
    TRue, but no-one was ever killed or seriously injured by being run over by a cigarette.

ReputationRep:
    TRue, but no-one was ever killed or seriously injured by being run over by a cigarette.
    I really like that image

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.