This discussion is closed.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The individual has the right not to inflict me with lung cancer due to a ridiculous addiction they CHOSE to inflict on themselves.
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
The individual has the right not to inflict me with lung cancer due to a ridiculous addiction they CHOSE to inflict on themselves.
I thinkthat sentence came out wrong You should rescramble it a little to get:

The individual does not have the right....
Weejimmie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
These analogies are getting rather out of hand.
Like motorists!
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Weejimmie)
Like motorists!
I can agree with that one (i dont use a car).
yawn1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Machine)
I love havin a fag.....and will never give it up!

When it comes to the choice (and it will if you keep smoking) between having a fag or grabbing that oxygen mask to keep breathing will you still say the same?
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Substitute "drive" for "smoke"...As a friend says: you stop driving and I'll stop smoking.
With advancing technology the analogy of car fumes inflicting carcinogens on peoples' lung is becoming obsolete. The fumes of **** will always inflict carcinogens on peoples' lung, as much of the toxicity comes from the addictive components.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
With advancing technology the analogy of car fumes inflicting carcinogens on peoples' lung is becoming obsolete. The fumes of **** will always inflict carcinogens on peoples' lung, as much of the toxicity comes from the addictive components.
Perhaps: but motor cars are lethal enough to other people without the fumes. The toxicity comes from having comfortable, well-protected fools in close proximity to everyone else.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Perhaps: but motor cars are lethal enough to other people without the fumes. The toxicity comes from having comfortable, well-protected fools in close proximity to everyone else.
I'm not sure I've got the gist of your quote but if I have my response is "I can sit in a pub without being run over by a car, but I can't sit in a pub and not breathe in noxious, injurious fumes.

That's the big difference as far as I'm concerned.
Weejimmie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
I'm not sure I've got the gist of your quote but if I have my response is "I can sit in a pub without being run over by a car, but I can't sit in a pub and not breathe in noxious, injurious fumes.

That's the big difference as far as I'm concerned.
TRue, but no-one was ever killed or seriously injured by being run over by a cigarette.
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
TRue, but no-one was ever killed or seriously injured by being run over by a cigarette.
I really like that image
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.79%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (56)
8.4%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (86)
12.89%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
11.99%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.89%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.03%

Watched Threads