Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind I got an A in the ISA for core science. What combination of grades would i need to get a B? (E.g. C B B, A B C etc)

ReputationRep:
    C B B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    C B B
    what would i need to get i only got 33/50 in the isa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackbarry1999)
    what would i need to get i only got 33/50 in the isa
    Is that a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeevanN)
    Bearing in mind I got an A in the ISA for core science. What combination of grades would i need to get a B? (E.g. C B B, A B C etc)
    Last year I did the core science exams, and I was really nervous as I didn't even know I had the exams until a month before. The whole year I messed about and didn't learn anything.

I ended up with an A* in my ISA, C in Biology, C in chemistry and D in physics. I ended up with a B over all.

So, if you have got an A in your ISA, 3C's will secure you a nice B or if you get CBB you could even get an A!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariah2011)
    Last year I did the core science exams, and I was really nervous as I didn't even know I had the exams until a month before. The whole year I messed about and didn't learn anything.

I ended up with an A* in my ISA, C in Biology, C in chemistry and D in physics. I ended up with a B over all.

So, if you have got an A in your ISA, 3C's will secure you a nice B or if you get CBB you could even get an A!

Good Luck!
    what about if i have a c what would i need to get please help me out aha

ReputationRep:
    i only got 33/50 in my isa pls tell me what id need to get a b overall

ReputationRep:

Good Luck!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    C in what, ISA?

ReputationRep:
    C in what, ISA?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 10 I got an a* in coursework
    Then B B D and got a b

ReputationRep:
    i got a* in my isa and c on foundation for all my cores
    would have i got a b?

ReputationRep:
    C in what, ISA?
    Probably BBC or preferably BBB to get an overall B. Although ISA is only 25% it does really make the whole difference to your grade. You could probably get away with CCB but it all depends on the UMS score rather than actual grade.

You could get BBB and get an overall C because overall you could be 1 mark off an B or vice versa; you could get a B because you just managed to get into the grade bracket with 1 mark.

I hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pro4TLZZ)
    i got a* in my isa and c on foundation for all my cores
    would have i got a b?
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeevanN)
    Hi, someone asked at similar question yesterday, so I'll just paste what I replied with:

Are you referring to AQA? If so:

Each science and the controlled assessment are worth 100 UMS each. UMS is basically a number out of 100 - your raw mark out of 60 gets converted into UMS. The UMS grade boundaries for each science and ISA are pretty simple:

90 - A*
    80 - A
    70 - B
    so on...

So say if you got a low A* in your ISA, two low As in Bio and Chem, and a low B in Physics you would get:

ISA: 90 UMS
    Bio: 80 UMS
    Chem: 80 UMS
    Physics: 70 UMS

Add these together makes 320

Then the overall UMS grade boundaries are out of 400:

A* - 360
    A - 320
    B- 280
    so on...

So you would get an A.

This would be pretty similar for all exam boards, but I'm just giving you an example for AQA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Hi, someone asked at similar question yesterday, so I'll just paste what I replied with:

Are you referring to AQA? If so:

Each science and the controlled assessment are worth 100 UMS each. UMS is basically a number out of 100 - your raw mark out of 60 gets converted into UMS. The UMS grade boundaries for each science and ISA are pretty simple:

90 - A*
    80 - A
    70 - B
    so on...

So say if you got a low A* in your ISA, two low As in Bio and Chem, and a low B in Physics you would get:

ISA: 90 UMS
    Bio: 80 UMS
    Chem: 80 UMS
    Physics: 70 UMS

Add these together makes 320

Then the overall UMS grade boundaries are out of 400:

A* - 360
    A - 320
    B- 280
    so on...

So you would get an A.

This would be pretty similar for all exam boards, but I'm just giving you an example for AQA.

Thank you and yes im doing AQA

ReputationRep:
    What if I got a mid A* in isa 47/50
    A mid B in biology
    A low C in chemistry
    And a high D in physics

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.