The Student Room Group

What do i need to get a B overall in core science AQA?

Bearing in mind I got an A in the ISA for core science. What combination of grades would i need to get a B? (E.g. C B B, A B C etc)
Reply 1
C B B
Original post by Anmol_.
C B B

what would i need to get i only got 33/50 in the isa
Reply 3
Original post by jackbarry1999
what would i need to get i only got 33/50 in the isa

Is that a B?
Original post by JeevanN
Bearing in mind I got an A in the ISA for core science. What combination of grades would i need to get a B? (E.g. C B B, A B C etc)

Last year I did the core science exams, and I was really nervous as I didn't even know I had the exams until a month before. The whole year I messed about and didn't learn anything.

I ended up with an A* in my ISA, C in Biology, C in chemistry and D in physics. I ended up with a B over all.

So, if you have got an A in your ISA, 3C's will secure you a nice B or if you get CBB you could even get an A!

Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by mariah2011
Last year I did the core science exams, and I was really nervous as I didn't even know I had the exams until a month before. The whole year I messed about and didn't learn anything.

I ended up with an A* in my ISA, C in Biology, C in chemistry and D in physics. I ended up with a B over all.

So, if you have got an A in your ISA, 3C's will secure you a nice B or if you get CBB you could even get an A!

what about if i have a c what would i need to get please help me out aha

i only got 33/50 in my isa pls tell me what id need to get a b overall
Reply 7

Thank you!

C in what, ISA?
C in what, ISA?

yes :frown:
When I was in year 10 I got an a* in coursework
Then B B D and got a b
i got a* in my isa and c on foundation for all my cores
would have i got a b?
C in what, ISA?

Probably BBC or preferably BBB to get an overall B. Although ISA is only 25% it does really make the whole difference to your grade. You could probably get away with CCB but it all depends on the UMS score rather than actual grade.

You could get BBB and get an overall C because overall you could be 1 mark off an B or vice versa; you could get a B because you just managed to get into the grade bracket with 1 mark.

I hope that makes sense.
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
i got a* in my isa and c on foundation for all my cores
would have i got a b?

Yes!
Original post by JeevanN

Hi, someone asked at similar question yesterday, so I'll just paste what I replied with:

Are you referring to AQA? If so:

Each science and the controlled assessment are worth 100 UMS each. UMS is basically a number out of 100 - your raw mark out of 60 gets converted into UMS. The UMS grade boundaries for each science and ISA are pretty simple:

90 - A*
80 - A
70 - B
so on...

So say if you got a low A* in your ISA, two low As in Bio and Chem, and a low B in Physics you would get:

ISA: 90 UMS
Bio: 80 UMS
Chem: 80 UMS
Physics: 70 UMS

Add these together makes 320

Then the overall UMS grade boundaries are out of 400:

A* - 360
A - 320
B- 280
so on...

So you would get an A.

This would be pretty similar for all exam boards, but I'm just giving you an example for AQA.
Reply 15
Original post by romansholiday
Hi, someone asked at similar question yesterday, so I'll just paste what I replied with:

Are you referring to AQA? If so:

Each science and the controlled assessment are worth 100 UMS each. UMS is basically a number out of 100 - your raw mark out of 60 gets converted into UMS. The UMS grade boundaries for each science and ISA are pretty simple:

90 - A*
80 - A
70 - B
so on...

So say if you got a low A* in your ISA, two low As in Bio and Chem, and a low B in Physics you would get:

ISA: 90 UMS
Bio: 80 UMS
Chem: 80 UMS
Physics: 70 UMS

Add these together makes 320

Then the overall UMS grade boundaries are out of 400:

A* - 360
A - 320
B- 280
so on...

So you would get an A.

This would be pretty similar for all exam boards, but I'm just giving you an example for AQA.

Thank you and yes im doing AQA
What if I got a mid A* in isa 47/50
A mid B in biology
A low C in chemistry
And a high D in physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending