Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have put Queen Mary as my firm choice and Kent as my insurance choice, at Queen Mary I would stay at home, hence I wouldn't need the maintenance loan. However at Kent I would move out and would want a maintenance loan, so Im not sure whether to apply for one or not, as I think Im likely to get into Queen Mary but worry about what will happen if I do end up going Kent?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by sadych)
    I have put Queen Mary as my firm choice and Kent as my insurance choice, at Queen Mary I would stay at home, hence I wouldn't need the maintenance loan. However at Kent I would move out and would want a maintenance loan, so Im not sure whether to apply for one or not, as I think Im likely to get into Queen Mary but worry about what will happen if I do end up going Kent?
    Better to apply for one now and later cancel it if you want to, otherwise you'll end up not having money to live off for at least a month (could be worse) at kent. Besides you'll want something to live off if you stay at home.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Simply fill in your application as you would if attending Queen Mary, indicating you're living at home.

If this changes you can log into your online account and change your application details to reflect those changes.

I would not recommend cancelling your application and doing another as this will prolong your app.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.